paulgipe
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Re: Lee Vining's Pioneer Pavilion Small Step for a Big Idea--Solar EV Charging at the Eastern Gateway to Yosemite

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Randy wrote:Well, I didn't write or post the article. It is incorrect, for now, although it does say "eventually". I was trying to point out that there is no charging now, in case a driver went there.
It's not on PlugShare and I won't put it up until it's installed. There's no point in putting up a "coming soon" since we have no idea how soon is soon.

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
http://www.wind-works.org

paulgipe

Re: Lee Vining's Pioneer Pavilion Small Step for a Big Idea--Solar EV Charging at the Eastern Gateway to Yosemite

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Dedication for the station is 13 June 2019.

I just checked on the rumored station in Bishop. CalTrans District 9 L2 station is for CalTrans use only. So, it's a long stretch from Mojave to Lee Vining. ;(

Paul
Bakersfield, California

GRA

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 pm

paulgipe wrote:Dedication for the station is 13 June 2019.

I just checked on the rumored station in Bishop. CalTrans District 9 L2 station is for CalTrans use only. So, it's a long stretch from Mojave to Lee Vining. ;(

Paul
Thanks, Paul. Any details (Single? Multiple?), or any news on the CEC sites on the west side on the way to Yosemite? Course, while the L2 in Lee Vining is much better than nothing, what we really need are a couple of QCs there.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

paulgipe

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:20 pm

GRA wrote:
paulgipe wrote:Dedication for the station is 13 June 2019.

Paul
Thanks, Paul. Any details (Single? Multiple?), or any news on the CEC sites on the west side on the way to Yosemite? Course, while the L2 in Lee Vining is much better than nothing, what we really need are a couple of QCs there.
Guy,

You have to read between the lines to sense my frustration and fury with pace of these developments. I took this up with the CEC when I first began driving electric five years ago! The only result was the east-west corridors RFP and they're still nothing east of Bakersfield!

I'll check with Lee Vining, but I am pretty sure it's one J1772 but I could be just a bit too cynical. ;)

Paul
Bakersfield, California

paulgipe

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:21 am

Guy, the CC will have two charge cables shared between them.

Paul
Bakersfield, California

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:23 pm

paulgipe wrote: You have to read between the lines to sense my frustration and fury with pace of these developments. I took this up with the CEC when I first began driving electric five years ago! The only result was the east-west corridors RFP and they're still nothing east of Bakersfield!
Paul,

You and I live on opposite coasts, but I share your frustration. I have been pushing the NY Thruway Authority to install chargers at their service plazas since I bought my Leaf back in 2012. What do we have to show for it? A handful of chargers (all inconveniently clustered together, between NYC and Albany). Oh, and an RFP was issued in fall of 2018.

In a way, it's a good thing VW cheated (and got caught!). Without Electrify America, there would be almost no progress in most of the country!
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

GRA

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

paulgipe wrote:Guy, the CC will have two charge cables shared between them.

Paul
Thanks, Paul. Sounds like it might be a Chargepoint CPF 25/CT40 or similar. Please keep us updated with any additional details you learn and how they're funding it, especially if there's a GoFundMe or similar account.

I think most of us here share your frustration, but we've been through this before - how long did you have to wait for wind to become mainstream, or me for PV? At least 25 years in my case. BEVs (and their related infrastructure) aren't there yet, but we know it will happen in the not too far off future. There's a lot less of my remaining life available to wait now compared to when I got into AE, but I fully expect to be here when it does arrive. OTOH, I may or may not still be around when we go to and/or start to colonize Mars, but I won't be surprised if Elon is.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

paulgipe

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:17 am

Janet Carle reports "The building permit has been issued! The County is estimating late September or early October for installation. "

Paul
Bakersfield, California

Return to “Pacific USA”