iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is absolutely ludicrous. For as much as you charge for this app, there needs to be a better way to contact you. Seems like a “GFY, I have your money kinda deal.” You should check this thread at least every couple of days. I made my first post over two weeks ago.

jonathanfields4ever said:
This is absolutely ludicrous. For as much as you charge for this app, there needs to be a better way to contact you. Seems like a “GFY, I have your money kinda deal.” You should check this thread at least every couple of days. I made my first post over two weeks ago.

If I understand correctly, you were sent the wrong OBDII adapter by a third party, and asked if Turbo3 would refund your payment for the IOS Pro version so you could buy the Android Pro version? If so, you don't have a problem with LeafSpy. You have a problem with whoever sold you the adapter, and are angry because Turbo3 isn't going well beyond his obligations as an app developer? I can understand his not being interested under this circumstance. If there is a problem with his app and he ignores you, that's another story.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me.

Wow... Fantastic customer service. Thanks for this.
Apple's sales system does not have any option for me to refund a purchase from them.

Apple does not provide me any information about purchases. I know absolutely nothing about individual purchases.

Any refund would need to come from Apple.

But your best option is to return the incorrect OBDII adapter to the seller and purchase a supported OBDII adapter.

I recommend and use the LELink.

MikeProcter said:
Just wondering if you had any plans on supporting Apple CarPlay?

LeafSpy works great on my iPhone XS with the LELink ^2 adaptor in my 2018 Leaf Tekna (UK).

I have found it very useful. I did some investigations last year as I was puzzled by the difference between the displayed SoC and LeafSpy.

I posted my findings here:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/how-much-battery-do-we-really-have-available-to-us.123377/
I may look into that when I get one of the new Leafs that support Apple CarPlay.

krush40 said:
Is there a recommended option between the LE Link and LE Link 2 OBD2 adaptors?

I have iPhone 7+ and looking at 2016/2015 Leafs.

Thanks
The LELink^2 supports a low power mode. However, LeafSpy does not currently have an option to enable it.

I may support it in the future but the low power mode is not compatible with the 2018 and newer Leafs. If the low power mode is enabled on a 2018 or newer Leaf the LELink^2 will go to sleep when the Leaf is turned off and will not wake up again when the Leaf is turned on.

The manufacturer has a special procedure requiring the shorts of two pins to reset the LELink^2 to clear the low power mode.

LeftieBiker said:

If I understand correctly, you were sent the wrong OBDII adapter by a third party, and asked if Turbo3 would refund your payment for the IOS Pro version so you could buy the Android Pro version? If so, you don't have a problem with LeafSpy. You have a problem with whoever sold you the adapter, and are angry because Turbo3 isn't going well beyond his obligations as an app developer? I can understand his not being interested under this circumstance. If there is a problem with his app and he ignores you, that's another story.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me.

No, I’m not gonna fall for this.

If the answer is “no,” that’s fine, but since the Apple support page’s “contact the developer” link points to this forum directly, he should check the thread every so often or make sure that points somewhere else. That’s not “going above and beyond.” That’s standard customer service when you sell an app for $15. He literally could have said “no, I can’t do that” and I would have been happy.

So you are acting like this because of no response until about 25 days later? OK. This isn't a developer forum, so either Apple shouldn't have sent you here, or Turbo3 shouldn't have listed this as his...whatever it's listed as. I see this as a problem with the Apple Store more than with someone who doesn't come here every week, but hey, you got a response. Personally, I would have chewed out the seller who sold you the wrong dongle and then gotten a second registered version of LeafSpy...

How fast sampling rate are you achieving with LeafSpy Pro on LELink or some other OBD dongle (what is, actually, the shortest sampling time achieved) with switched on Logging? Are WiFi dongles faster than Bluetooth in this regard or the main obstacle is the speed of OBD protocol in Nissan?
Namely, guys with Hyundai Kona (with some other phone app) are getting sampling rate once per second and I would like to know what is the shortest sampling time possible in Nissan Leaf 2018. It seems that I can't get faster sampling time than 5-6 seconds.

LeftieBiker said:
Personally, I would have chewed out the seller who sold you the wrong dongle and then gotten a second registered version of LeafSpy...

That was the original plan. I thought I’d support the developer and just get LeafSpy Pro on Android anyway. But then Turbo3 couldn’t be bothered to check the thread he linked to on the App Store and the seller who sent me the wrong dongle was very nice. So rather than throw more money at the app, I bought a new dongle for me and slapped the other on my wife’s car.

It is not unreasonable to expect a response.

I've seen conflicting advice on which dongle to get
this one
elm327.PNG

or this one
LeLink.PNG

any advice very welcome
(I'm in the UK if that makes a difference)

Turbo3 said:
donyjunk said:
Maybe since I've been on vacation it's been too long since I last used it, but does the car need to be fully on for Leafspy to record charging? I coulda sworn I used to be able to get a charge graph while in accessory mode (one power button press, without brake pressed). Now it seems to only log if I do second press of power button ( brake off).
For the older Leafs you could graph charging without the Leaf being on. For the newer ones things have changed. I think on one new one I tested you needed to have the Leaf full on first to get the graph going and then you could turn the Leaf off. You also might be able to start a graph if you start charging just after you turn your Leaf off. The key is that the VCM ECU still needs to be awake to get the data from the battery controller. The VCM is the bridge between the CAR CAN bus the OBDII Adapter is plugged into and the EV CAN bus the battery controller is on.

This is an old quote but it was the clue I needed to get a charge graph on my new 2019 SL Plus. I'm using iOS LeafSpy Pro v1.7.38 and an LELink 2 dongle. With the car off, initial attempts to monitor a charge gave an intermittent graph, with green, yellow, and orange connection status indications. Relay clicking could be heard from the rear of the car every few seconds. If I opened the car door I would get green status and a short run of data. In accessory mode, I got green status and good charging data for about 30 minutes until the car shut itself off. Re-enabling accessory continued the data acquisition.

I assume this is normal due to the VCM ECU state. My suggestion is that the LeafSpy help file be updated to describe this behavior.

Hello! I was wondering if iOS LeafSpy Pro supported VSP settings in the service menu. In my brand new Leaf, I am not able to adjust the settings. There is a yellow box with black text reading “Turn Leaf On”, although my Leaf is on already. Is this an iOS issue or something more? Thanks!

HaydenCMH said:
Hello! I was wondering if iOS LeafSpy Pro supported VSP settings in the service menu. In my brand new Leaf, I am not able to adjust the settings. There is a yellow box with black text reading “Turn Leaf On”, although my Leaf is on already. Is this an iOS issue or something more? Thanks!

Worked for me on my 2019 Leaf S. LeLink v1 dongle and LeafSpy Pro iPhone X. Turned off my back up sound no problem. Need to click Show service menu.

hi there! I bought the Leaf Spy Pro in App Store right now... firstly, in the settings there is only a Wi-Fi, while I use the recommend LeLink Bluetooth adapter. secondly, it was possible to connect to the bluetooth adapter only after turning Wi-Fi off in the iphone settings and only when I was inside the car. guys, it's horrible! I already have an Android version of the Leaf Spy Pro and there are no such problems with it! in the Android version I can see the state of charge without leaving home! but with this ios version I need to go to the car, turn off Wi-Fi in my phone, pull out the adapter from the connector and push it on again. only this way the program starts working. this is not acceptable for me and for my $ 20. so please make the program work as well as it works on Android or give me back my money. thanks

p.s. iphone XS, last ios version

I have an iPhone 6 and the same LE Link and never had this issue.
I just plug the link into the car then wait a couple minutes then leafspy sees it.

As an experiment I would download the engine link LE app put out by the company that makes the LELink and plug it into a different car. I have used it on a Dodge and it works fine.
If that works you can rule out the LE Link as the issue.

I know is sucks when you have a new piece of electronics and it does not work.

I don’t know how it happened, but today the program has started working. :shock: yesterday I tried several times, but nothing helped. it worked only in the car and only after juggling the adapter. but today suddenly it started connecting from home, without problems and everything works well. I don't know what to think, guys. thanks for the app! :)

Can we Expecting support for tire pressure on Leaf 2019?
Using the LELink2 OBD2 I got many lost frames: 28 this morning in a 10 km ride with my Leaf 2019 40kwh (it is supposed to be zero in the app manual). Could this affect the data collected by the app?

Turbo3 had indicated that Pro would have the ability to calculate battery resistance similar to TM-Spy & LeafDD. Can't find it either
noted in the manual nor the app itself. I would like to determine the battery resistance of the 2019 40kWh, and compare to my 2013.
It would very useful to also know the battery resistance of the Leaf Plus, as concern exists about battery heat with successive QC charging
over short time intervals. Have I missed it during my search, or is it still in the planning mode?

I have a JDM Nissan Leaf. All the online manuals/articles I've read suggest holding down both the lock and unlock buttons on the intelligent key to go into "hazard indicator mode" which stops the beeping when locking or unlocking the care.

To switch the hazard indicator and horn (chime) operation, push the LOCK and UN-LOCK buttons on the Intelligent Key simultaneously for more than 2 seconds.

No luck for me though - perhaps it doesn't apply to the JDM model? No luck for a bunch of other New Zealanders where our only source of Nissan Leaf's is second hand imports from Japan.

Assuming this is some peculiarity with the JDM leaf... Is there a way to have LeafSpy Pro turn off the lock and unlock beeps?

I've recently installed LeafSpy Pro and it appears to be communicating fine with my 2019 Leaf S (US version) that I bought at the end of June ... except for one problem ... it constantly says "Leaf must be moving to read tire pressures" and "New UK Leaf, enable "Use Alternate method to read Tires" in Settings. I've driven for miles without the TPMS reading getting displayed by LeafSpy (the car itself is reading and displaying all 4 tire pressures just fine). In settings the Alternate method for UK Leaf is there but grayed out (I assume because I have a US Leaf).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Back