sptleaf
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:57 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2019
Location: San Diego

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:50 pm

Just got my LeafSpy app. Here's the data for my brand new 2019 Leaf S, 1/19 manufactured date on the door sticker. I'll try to update it every few months.

SOH 99.39%
AHr 114.74
Hx 104.14%

Odo 397 miles
L2 charges 24

No DC fast charger on my car. In San Diego

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 15770
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:09 pm

sptleaf wrote:Just got my LeafSpy app. Here's the data for my brand new 2019 Leaf S, 1/19 manufactured date on the door sticker. I'll try to update it every few months.

SOH 99.39%
AHr 114.74
Hx 104.14%

Odo 397 miles
L2 charges 24

No DC fast charger on my car. In San Diego
Thanks for the info! A car with no QC will make for a good "control group."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15158
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:53 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:I had originally named the 30kwh pack the "Lettuce Pack" because it was apparently "wilting" so fast. Maybe the 40kwh pack should get that unfortunate moniker...if not, I shall dub it "Canary II."
LOL!! Lettuce? My 30 kwh was rock solid for the short period of time she was around and it was not due to an easy life.

As far as the 40 kwh? "Ice cube in Phoenix" is a better term I think.
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 14,342.8 mi, 93.16% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SageBrush
Posts: 5394
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm

DaveinOlyWA wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:I had originally named the 30kwh pack the "Lettuce Pack" because it was apparently "wilting" so fast. Maybe the 40kwh pack should get that unfortunate moniker...if not, I shall dub it "Canary II."
LOL!! Lettuce? My 30 kwh was rock solid for the short period of time she was around and it was not due to an easy life.

As far as the 40 kwh? "Ice cube in Phoenix" is a better term I think.
I prefer "GMO in Washington State."
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/18: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
09/20: 54.3 Ahr; 38k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

bmw
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:45 pm
Delivery Date: 23 Apr 2017
Leaf Number: 303598
Location: St. Louis MO

40 kwh battery degredation

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:39 am

I am curious if any of you who own a Leaf with the 40 kwh battery have anything to report on how well the battery is holding up. Do you have any LeafSpy statistics to report?

flydiver
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:14 am
Delivery Date: 20 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 337789
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: 40 kwh battery degredation

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 am

2014 SL; Seattle, WA

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15158
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:13 am

Jerryr wrote:Here’s my 2018 LeafSpy Battery Stat Page after picking up my new leaf and parking it in my driveway.

Just drove it about 40 miles from dealership to Home and hadn’t charged it yet.

SOC was 76%
AHr 113.99
SOH 98.74%
Hx 98.24%

Image
Where you located?

What is build date?
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 14,342.8 mi, 93.16% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jdcbomb
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2015

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:03 pm

I was reading a couple other threads on LeafSpy and some recommended OBDII dongles...but want to see what ya'll are using? (Don't want to cause an issue with the computer as it seems some are better than others.
2018 SL - In Service 2019 JUN - 2020 APR 94.3 SOH
2018 SV - In Service 2019 JAN - 2020 APR 92.0 SOH
2013 SL - In Service 2013 FEB, Sold 2018 JUN (50,050 mi) - 4 Bars Lost (44,255 mi)
Location: Raleigh, NC

sptleaf
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:57 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Feb 2019
Location: San Diego

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:53 pm

jdcbomb wrote:I was reading a couple other threads on LeafSpy and some recommended OBDII dongles...but want to see what ya'll are using? (Don't want to cause an issue with the computer as it seems some are better than others.
I use the LeLink version 1 from Amazon. I emailed the LeafSpy developer and he recommended that for my iPhoneX. He said the version 2 can go to sleep and never wake up if you turn auto sleep on. Worked right out of the box form my 2019 Leaf S.

TexasLeaf
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 am
Delivery Date: 17 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303111
Location: Texas

Re: The 40KWH Battery Topic

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm

2018 SL
Purchase date 17-MAR-18

SOH 93.93%
AHr 108.43
Hx 107.67%

Odo 14,550 miles
L2 charges 176
DC fast charges 164
2018 Leaf SL
2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
2007 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4X4

Return to “Batteries & Charging”