The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sptleaf said:
golfcart said:
15000 miles a year
36 months
$10440 financed
$13446 residual
Only first months payment due at signing

I got $9550 in Nissan incentives and a good discount off MSRP

Great price! Congrats on the car. I love my 2019 Leaf S. I picked up the factory all weather mats and weathertech trunk mat (2018 version fits perfectly) and can recommend those.

Cool, I'll check them out. It came with the carpeted trunk mat but the weather tech is probably better if I want to throw beach stuff back there.

First post. Leased mine a week ago and picked it up this Tuesday. I leased it in MA and they delivered it to NH so they could register it and swap the plates at my town office.

Leaf SL, $260/month, 36 months, 12000 miles. $3500 trade in and $1000 down. They gave me a boat load in incentives.

I got my first EV, a 2015 Nissan LEAF S two days ago. I drove it from the dealer to my house some 160 miles. I had to figure out charging, charging apps, and paying for charging on the fly. It has 46k miles on it and I paid $8788.00 after financing. At the dealership it had 12 bars and today it had only 11 :cry: I commute 25 miles round trip a day. My other car is a 2010 Prius IV, so I am missing some of the nicer to have things.

bugly64 said:
I got my first EV, a 2015 Nissan LEAF S two days ago. I drove it from the dealer to my house some 160 miles. I had to figure out charging, charging apps, and paying for charging on the fly. It has 46k miles on it and I paid $8788.00 after financing. At the dealership it had 12 bars and today it had only 11 :cry: I commute 25 miles round trip a day. My other car is a 2010 Prius IV, so I am missing some of the nicer to have things.

There are two possibilities for that unfortunate loss of a capacity bar:

* Coincidence. It is about time for that to happen, given the age and climate. Mileage isn't a direct factor, but if all those miles included Quick Charges, then that makes it more likely. If you did several QCs in warm weather driving it home, that could have 'tipped it over the edge' to 11 bars.

* Battery Management System (BMS) reset. The dealer, or anyone with the right diagnostic tool, can reset the BMS to temporarily restore all lost bars. This lasts only a few weeks usually. If you lose a second bar any time this Spring, then it's a BMS reset.

[/quote]
* Battery Management System (BMS) reset. The dealer, or anyone with the right diagnostic tool, can reset the BMS to temporarily restore all lost bars. This lasts only a few weeks usually. If you lose a second bar any time this Spring, then it's a BMS reset.[/quote]
Are you saying that I should expect to lose more bars soon? Or that I have been ripped off by the dealer? Or that I should go get another BMS reset?

Are you saying that I should expect to lose more bars soon? Or that I have been ripped off by the dealer? Or that I should go get another BMS reset?

I'm saying that IF you lose another bar anytime soon, then THAT would indicate that the BMS was reset. If the car stays at 11 bars for the rest of the year at least, then a reset, while still possible, is much less likely - it would then be more likely that the pack was 'teetering on the edge' of losing a bar, and the trip home tipped it. Did you do any fast charges? Was the weather hot?

IOW, wait a few weeks and see. And there is no reason to reset the BMS - it does nothing real to capacity, only to what is displayed as the capacity.

Here's a great 2011 that goes from around 8 bars in picture 2 to 12 bars in picture 1. Anyone know how to report fraud?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/san-diego-electric-car-nissan-leaf-only/6853011696.html

solartim said:
Here's a great 2011 that goes from around 8 bars in picture 2 to 12 bars in picture 1. Anyone know how to report fraud?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/san-diego-electric-car-nissan-leaf-only/6853011696.html

This may help - a CL page: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/contact

You can also create your own listing there with a link to that one (reference the title in your title) to note the discrepancy.

Hi everyone! (Hi Dr Nick!)

I bought my 2019 Leaf SV Plus yesterday morning at AutoNation Nissan Tempe with 61 miles on the clock. First Nissan of any flavor, although I would have happily sold a kidney, not necessarily my own, for a Datsun 240Z back in high school. Yeah, I'm that old. Second BEV, the first being a 2012 Tesla Model S that I just bought in January and turned out to have a title lien that the lienholder was being obstinate about releasing, so back it went to the dealer with strict instructions to wedge that Tesla in an uncomfortable part of his anatomy.

So far I'm very impressed with this little runabout. Android Auto sucks, but it sucks on every car I've owned with it. ECO mode feels like a cinderblock being pulled by a team of snails. Otherwise, solid. Let's hope this summer doesn't smoke the battery.

^^^
Welcome! I noticed you mentioned Tempe (AZ) and noticed your profile says Phoenix. We will be very interested to see how your battery holds ups after going thru two Phoenix summers.

Heh about eco. I never drive with that on my '13 Leaf. Feels way too sluggish. And, now that I have a Bolt, my '13 Leaf feels a bit pokey. Your Leaf Plus should have comparable acceleration to the Bolt.

Coinneach said:
Hi everyone! (Hi Dr Nick!)

I bought my 2019 Leaf SV Plus yesterday morning at AutoNation Nissan Tempe with 61 miles on the clock. First Nissan of any flavor, although I would have happily sold a kidney, not necessarily my own, for a Datsun 240Z back in high school. Yeah, I'm that old. Second BEV, the first being a 2012 Tesla Model S that I just bought in January and turned out to have a title lien that the lienholder was being obstinate about releasing, so back it went to the dealer with strict instructions to wedge that Tesla in an uncomfortable part of his anatomy.

So far I'm very impressed with this little runabout. Android Auto sucks, but it sucks on every car I've owned with it. ECO mode feels like a cinderblock being pulled by a team of snails. Otherwise, solid. Let's hope this summer doesn't smoke the battery.

Congrats. Is the on-board charger for the plus a 6.6KWor is it a higher rating.

Thanks.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Welcome! I noticed you mentioned Tempe (AZ) and noticed your profile says Phoenix. We will be very interested to see how your battery holds ups after going thru two Phoenix summers.

Heh about eco. I never drive with that on my '13 Leaf. Feels way too sluggish. And, now that I have a Bolt, my '13 Leaf feels a bit pokey. Your Leaf Plus should have comparable acceleration to the Bolt.

I'm shivering in antici...

(SAY IT!)

pation.

I didn't drive a Bolt. My experience with GM has been extremely disappointing the past few years. Two new Chevys, a 2012 Cruze and a 2014 Sonic. The Cruze was a terrible POS, in the shop every other month. I traded it for the Sonic when the gas tank started leaking. The Sonic was reliable but alternately boring and infuriating until it was t-boned. And Chevy dealers are the dumbest mfers on the planet; three years after I traded in the Cruze, I was still getting calls, emails, and postcards begging me to trade it in. I had to literally go to the dealer and get in the marketing manager's face to make them stop.

So you can see why have no interest in buying another Chebby. Don't get me started on the Cult of Elon.

Back