New Leaf ProPilot

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wzaqnu said:
AFAIK there are NO sensors to determine if you are paying attention. Those are in development, but if any manufacturer is using them yet, it isn't Nissan.

This is incorrect. My 2018 SL has the Intelligent Driver Alertness system, which has warned me on a few occasions after I've spaced out during a drive.

"How does it work?

Using steering angle sensors, DAA monitors steering input patterns to establish a baseline or a “snapshot” of how you were driving. Then, it continuously compares subsequent driving patterns to the most recent snapshot using a statistical analysis of steering corrections."

This just detects bad steering inputs, and if you are already using steering assist it will do just about nothing. I'm talking about systems that actually monitor your eyes.

LeftieBiker said:
wzaqnu said:
AFAIK there are NO sensors to determine if you are paying attention. Those are in development, but if any manufacturer is using them yet, it isn't Nissan.

This is incorrect. My 2018 SL has the Intelligent Driver Alertness system, which has warned me on a few occasions after I've spaced out during a drive.

"How does it work?

Using steering angle sensors, DAA monitors steering input patterns to establish a baseline or a “snapshot” of how you were driving. Then, it continuously compares subsequent driving patterns to the most recent snapshot using a statistical analysis of steering corrections."

This just detects bad steering inputs, and if you are already using steering assist it will do just about nothing. I'm talking about systems that actually monitor your eyes.

Got it, I see how you misunderstood what I meant.

My original position remains, there does not seem to be any imperative reason why ProPilot requires manual input after stopping for more than 2 seconds.

A couple recent reviews of the 2019 MY appear to claim the ProPilot has been "enhanced" or "improved."

I wonder if it's possible to have Nissan upgrade the 2018 PP versions via software?

jdcbomb said:
A couple recent reviews of the 2019 MY appear to claim the ProPilot has been "enhanced" or "improved."
I wonder if it's possible to have Nissan upgrade the 2018 PP versions via software?

Of course.
Just head on over to your favorite Nissan dealership. The will offer you a very fair trade-in on a brand new 2019 LEAF.

:lol:

jdcbomb said:

Did they say what was enhanced or improved?

From this article here: https://insideevs.com/reviews/354688/2019-nissan-leaf-40-kwh-test-drive/

No idea what "degree" of improvement it really is, but he appears to think it's noticeable. I've never had a motorcycle lane splitting situation to even test this issue either...

Quote:

For 2019, ProPilot has been improved with better lane keeping assist, and the adaptive cruise control can better cope with heavy traffic situations. For example, in the 2018 version, ProPilot Assist could get confused if a motorcyclist who was lane splitting would drive by too fast or too close. This would cause the LEAF to start to accelerate to match the speed of the motorcycle only to jam on the brakes once the bike had passed so as to avoid hitting the car in front. For 2019 that behavior has been fixed.

Triggerhappy007 said:
jdcbomb said:

Did they say what was enhanced or improved?

I'm generally used to my 2018 "Pro" (as if) Pilot's behavior, but the last time I used it it seemed to want to take the car right off the road once, for no apparent reason. Maybe it would have swerved back from the shoulder, but I wasn't going to test that theory.

Back