SoCal LEAF & EV Gatherings - Y9 - HTB - 24 Aug 2019

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be at Golden Corral tomorrow Jan 5.
I have Tesla 2018.48.12.1
I have had to re-boot the car about once/week ever since I got first Ver 9.0 several months ago.
Seeing more other new EVs at Level 2 charging at Whole Foods. Last one was an Audi.

See you later this morning for breakfast at HTB. Cheers, Gary

Wed. Gap-Filler Dinner Gathering #101c: 30 Jan 2019 for Dinner at HTB in Santa Ana, at 3:30 pm (you must actually BUY your entry BEFORE 3:59 pm, to get in for their Lunch price). Their Dinner, with carved meats (usually includes turkey on Wednesday), starts at 4pm.

Upcoming Breakfasts:
Month 102:
Feb 9th at GC, and Feb 23rd at HTB.

Month 103:
Mar 9th at GC, and Mar 23rd at HTB.

Month 104:
Wed. Gap-Filler Dinner Gathering #104c: 3 Apr 2019 for Dinner at HTB in Santa Ana, at 3:30 pm (you must actually BUY your entry BEFORE 3:59 pm, to get in for their Lunch price). Their Dinner, with carved meats (usually includes turkey on Wednesday), starts at 4pm.

Also breakfasts on Apr 13th at GC and 27th at HTB.

Our buddy Tom is having a short (11:30 to 1:30) Open House "after" our EV Gathering at the Golden Corral on Feb 9th. He has finally completed substantial renovations.

Also, the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln is being celebrated this coming weekend. Check for details on the web.

Hi all! I'm a happy owner of a 2013 Leaf, had it for 3 years. My daily commute's a 22 mile round trip, so L1 trickle charging is fine. So far two other people have gotten an EV after seeing mine :)

I'm giving a presentation in Boyle Heights next week, the neighborhood council there is skeptical about EVs, so I'm giving 'em an EV 101 presentation, including info about the really awesome state incentives available. I'll also bring my Leaf to show off.

Are there any Leaf owners near East LA who'd be able to come and share their experiences briefly with curious non-EV-drivers?
I'm hoping that hearing from people like themselves who have made the leap will help them understand how ev's like the Leaf are in their near future.

My draft presentation is online at electrifyla.org if you want to peek (it's the middle link, i.e. click on the words 'electric cars').

We had a great Gathering yesterday at the Hometown Buffet in Santa Ana on 17th Street, just 2 blocks East of the I-5 freeway.

About 14 people showed up, with lots of good stories, discussions, questions, and answers.

From the stories and many pictures of a trip to Prague and Venice, to tales of technical intrigue and ongoing investigations, and having a LEAF, a RAV4, and all 4 types of Teslas (R, S, X, 3) in the parking lot, we had plenty to keep us entertained.

Our next Gathering is Mar 9th at the GC, and back at HTB on the 23rd of March.

Thanks to all who make this a great group.
Cheers, Gary

I saw "Apollo 11" at the theater last night. It is an amazing feel good experience based upon a trove of newly discovered 70mm footage never seen before, together with a very well edited and synchronized soundtrack. No 70mm on the Moon of course, but high quality stills and film footage that we never saw on TV. A little hard to find in the theater; I saw it at the local Laemmle. It was playing in iMax a few places a week or two ago but I missed that. Hopefully it will come out on 4K Blu-ray if you miss its theater run.

Anyone want or know someone who would want a non-functional 11 year old Aurora (Magnetek) 3.6kW inverter for parts or pleasure?

I’ll be at the Santa Ana meeting tomorrow morning.

I will be at Golden Coral tomorrow, the 13th with my 2-week old Blue 2018 100D M-S. Lots of little differences from
my 2013, most of them good. Amazing discounts from the Dec 2018 prices. I paid to enable Full Self Driving so that I will be in the queue for the free retrofit to get the new processor board with the Neural-Net Custom auxiliary processor.

I just got a Red Model 3, trading in my Silver 2014 AutoPilot Gen 1 Model S85. My first Red car, and first-ever trade-in!

Very Speedy Delivery: I paid the $2500 order / reservation fee at 11 am Sunday 31 March. At 5 pm I turned in my dirty, hastily-emptied S85, took delivery of the 2019 M3, and drove away at 6pm. Yes, only 7 hours later ... indeed, that was Fast!

See you at GC in April.

The SoCal EV Gathering on 11 May is at the Golden Corral, and at Hometown Buffet on the 25th.

We have a working GE Refrigerator to give away, a cream colored side-by-side with ice maker. It should be available by Friday evening, May 17th. You pick it up from my driveway.

We also have a 23.5" x 23.5" butcher block table that needs a good home to avoid the trash heap.

See you Saturday the 11th of May, at GC.

Jason picked up the disassembled butcher block table at my house before the HTB Gathering in May, 2019.

The GE Refrigerator might be spoken for, but might not be available until late in June 2019.

Our Gatherings for June 2019 are the 8th at GC and the 22nd at HTB.

Reminder: Estimated Taxes are due in mid June.

To avoid the weekend after July 4th (a Thursday this year), we have a 3-week gap between our Gathering on June 22nd at HTB and at GC on July 13, 2019.

So, a special gap-filler early dinner at HTB is scheduled for Tuesday, July 2nd. Pay the lunch fee before 3:59 to save a few dollars rather than pay "more at four".

The first post of this thread has the schedule details for June and July.

See you at GC this coming Saturday.
Cheers, Gary

There's a survey coming up for Model S owners. Pays $500-$600. 2-1/2 hours. Marina del Rey. June 13, 14, 15 available. I'm scheduled 6/13 @ 4:30. Apparently, they want you to show some interest in Bentley when they ask the question. Call 818-530-1002 .

Sure, big money just after I traded in
my S85 !!!

Our next EV Gathering is at the Hometown Buffet in Santa Ana, on 17th Street, just 2 blocks East of the I-5 freeway.

Vinyl Wrap California front license plates, 6" x 12", are now available (in very limited styles, and must match your existing Metal Plates), for $50 plus shipping, from LPW
( LicensePlateWrap dot com ).

I have ordered an LPW for the Red M3.
See you Saturday at HTB.

Tentative EV Gathering dates through February 2020, copied from this thread's first post.

Please check for errors, and offer suggestions for changes or improvements. Thanks.

------ 114th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #114a: 8 Feb 2020 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #114b: 22 Feb 2020 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 113th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #113a: 4 Jan 2020 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #113b: 18 Jan 2020 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

Wednesday. Gap-Filler Dinner Gathering #113c: 29 Jan 2020 for Dinner at HTB in Santa Ana, at 3:30 pm (you must actually BUY your entry BEFORE 3:59 pm, to get in for their Lunch price). The weekday Dinner, with carved meats, starts at 4pm.

------ 112th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #112a: 7 Dec 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #112b: 21 Dec 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 111th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #111a: 2 Nov 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #111b: 16 Nov 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

Tuesday. Gap-Filler Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner Gathering #111c: 26 Nov 2019 for Dinner at HTB in Santa Ana, at 3:30 pm (you must actually BUY your entry BEFORE 3:59 pm, to get in for their Lunch price). The weekday Dinner, with carved meats, starts at 4pm.

------ 110th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #110a: 5 Oct 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #110b: 19 Oct 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 109th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #109a: 7 Sep 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #109b: 21 Sep 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

-----------------------------------------------------
End of our 9th Year of Gatherings.
-----------------------------------------------------

------ 108th month Gatherings ------
Gathering #108a: 10 Aug 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #108b: 24 Aug 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

------ 107th month Gatherings ------
Tuesday. Gap-Filler Dinner Gathering #107c: 2 Jul 2019 for Dinner at HTB in Santa Ana, at 3:30 pm (you must actually BUY your entry BEFORE 3:59 pm, to get in for their Lunch price). The weekday Dinner, with carved meats, starts at 4pm.

Gathering #107a: 13 Jul 2019 at Golden Corral in City of Industry for breakfast.
Gathering #107b: 27 Jul 2019 at the HTB on 17th St. in Santa Ana for breakfast.

Back