Trim Levels in 2015 and 2016 Used LEAFs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azi

Hi all,
I've been perusing several dealer listings for used '15 and '16 LEAFs priced under $15k

I'd like to run some observations by members to validate my findings.

I've seen 2015 SV Trim levels with fog lights and advanced Tech packages. but never 2016 SV with fog lights.

Do any of the 2015 or 2016 time levels have turn signal lights on the mirrors? I've not seen any.

Do any of the pre 2016 LEAFs come with intelligent cruise control?

I've seen only black interiors on the SL trim levels.

For 2016 SL and SV with the premium packages, are there any other differences other than Leather seats and fog lights?

Ideally what I'd like to find is an 2016 SV with light interior, 360 degree camera and fog lights. does this combination exist?

I'm in Central Texas, with a <50 mile round trip commute. I am aware that I'll be hard pressed to find a southern car with great battery health, so my expectations are realistic, any comments from real world experience are welcome.

Thanks.

I've seen 2015 SV Trim levels with fog lights and advanced Tech packages. but never 2016 SV with fog lights.

Interesting. They may have gone the way of heated rear seats, although as a separate option I don't know why. They used to come with the Charge Package, IIRC.

Do any of the 2015 or 2016 time levels have turn signal lights on the mirrors? I've not seen any.

No. You will only see those on the 2018+ Leafs. The Japanese-built 2011 & 2012 Leafs have secondary turn signals on the front fenders, IIRC.

Do any of the pre 2016 LEAFs come with intelligent cruse control?

No.

The early, Japanese-built SL had a light interior, and the 2018+ can be had with white/cream leather. Between those, though, just black leather.

Ideally what I'd like to find is an 2016 SV with light interior, 360 degree camera and fog lights. does this combination exist?

I think so. Look for a Leaf with "Premium Package" and the light cloth interior. As for fog lights, ask your local dealer if the optional fog lights can be ordered for a 2016. The body is the same as the 2013-2015 cars, but they may have deleted the wiring harness.

I'm in Central Texas, with a <50 mile round trip commute. I am aware that I'll be hard pressed to find a southern car with great battery health, so my expectations are realistic, any comments from real world experience are welcome.

The 2015 has the most heat-resistant battery. If you can find one with a SOH over 94 you may want one. Otherwise, look for a 2016 that was built AFTER early 2016, and that has a 93+ SOH WITHOUT the BMS update (the update tends to mask the actual SOH). A 2017 would be a better idea, though, as it would have a longer remaining warranty, and maybe a better constructed pack.

LeftieBiker said:

The early, Japanese-built SL may well have had a light interior option,
'11 and '12 SV and SL were ONLY available in light cloth. Those were MIJ.

'13 to '17 S were ONLY available in black cloth
'13 to '17 SV were available in black cloth or light cloth.
'13 to '17 SL were ONLY available in black leather.

Specs tab of these might help the OP:
https://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit
https://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2016-nissan-leaf-press-kit

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1106593_nissan-leaf-s-quietly-gets-30-kwh-battery-upgrade-higher-price may also help.

Thanks for the specifics, Cwerdna. Do you know anything about vanishing "fog" lights in 2016?

Never mind - I found it:

The 2016 LEAF SL model adds a photovoltaic solar panel spoiler, fog lights, LED low beam auto on/off headlights, cargo cover, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, leather-appointed seats, heated rear seat and cargo cover.

Thanks for the info.
I started my search for 2017 LEAFs with the Premium package.
It looks like they are not as common on the used market, especially under $15k

Azi said:
Thanks for the info.
I started my search for 2017 LEAFs with the Premium package.
It looks like they are not as common on the used market, especially under $15k

The market should have many more next year, from 3 year leases, and a few more later this year, from 2 year leases.

I have been reading about the 30kwh battery packs having an 8yr capacity warranty. Is this correct? Is it transferred to subsequent owners?

Back