Wireless backup camera to 2013 SV $30 (installation instructions done)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took another look at everything and was perplexed by it. So took off the old solderless clip on the ground wire, turns out it didn't penetrate the insulation and get to the wire. So I stripped the wire and put on a new clip. Camera worked right away. My only problem is that my door buttons still don't work. I tried hooking the ground wire back up (re-attached it to the wire I cut) but that didn't work. Any suggestions on why the handle buttons don't work anymore? Did I cut one of the other wires and it isn't making a connection anymore? I tugged on each of them slightly and they all seem secure.

I have to say, the camera is great. Best $30 I spent on that car. I think the estimate of 3 hours to do the job might actually be a bit longer than you actually need. That said I didn't superglue the camera on. I took off the back license plate, taped the camera in place, and then put the screws in just to be sure, then put the back license plate back on. The camera is invisible, unless you really look for it. It did take some tweaking to get it right side up though, but it works great now.

yog1974 said:
I took another look at everything and was perplexed by it. So took off the old solderless clip on the ground wire, turns out it didn't penetrate the insulation and get to the wire. So I stripped the wire and put on a new clip. Camera worked right away. My only problem is that my door buttons still don't work. I tried hooking the ground wire back up (re-attached it to the wire I cut) but that didn't work. Any suggestions on why the handle buttons don't work anymore? Did I cut one of the other wires and it isn't making a connection anymore? I tugged on each of them slightly and they all seem secure.

I have to say, the camera is great. Best $30 I spent on that car. I think the estimate of 3 hours to do the job might actually be a bit longer than you actually need. That said I didn't superglue the camera on. I took off the back license plate, taped the camera in place, and then put the screws in just to be sure, then put the back license plate back on. The camera is invisible, unless you really look for it. It did take some tweaking to get it right side up though, but it works great now.

Which camera did you purchase? I found several candidates on Amazon, not sure which is best value...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlBG5bfZiAVvuDIHrJcAMYQUB_ET?e=Gghh6L
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlBG5bfZiAVvuDGghvirLp8v0RSR?e=KjGS9u

Here is a picture of the reverse wire on a 2013 Nissan Leaf S. It is the Red wire with a Blue stripe. The ground is Black.

Back