Updated Smartphone App (NissanConnect EV)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the upgrade fixes the app not reporting battery status. I've been getting this message or just fails silently since the version 6.3.7 update on 4/16 (Android).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4oocn7xrQN8N72yu7

2011RedLeaf said:
I don't see any change in (non)function of battery status. (on my 2019 +-SL

Yeah, I can still get the updated state of charge from the website using my computer, or the "EVA" app on my phone, but not the NissanConnectEV app. If anything, the website seems even slower than before.

On the computer this morning, state of charge was showing 6:30 Saturday evening -- with the wrong results. I was working with it plugged in until 8:00 pm. Full charge was to have been achieved at 6:30. Nissan Owner portal said unplugged and 45% at 6:30.

:evil: Same here no difference in app. Still not giving correct status.. it shows last update on April 14th, 9:27am. It appears the Sunday update of the app didn't change anything.. charging and climate control functions work though.. The website updates correctly..So must be a problem with the app, after they upated on 04/16/19...what's going on NISSAN?????????

I emailed them and got this response this afternoon.

Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support. We appreciate hearing from you.

We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, we are aware of an issue with the NissanConnect EV&Services app that prevents certain functions from operating as they should. We are currently working toward a resolution and we appreciate your patience as we investigate.

I got an update today April 24th from the App. Looks like it's working again.

My App does not refresh...again! It has been broken since April 14, 2019.

Nissan is doing an absolutely awful job with making this app more responsive or even keeping it working!

My next car is a Tesla folks!

Even if it is worth skipping buying another car for two years or so...

Alex

kennedyjalex said:
My App does not refresh...again! It has been broken since April 14, 2019.

Nissan is doing an absolutely awful job with making this app more responsive or even keeping it working!

My next car is a Tesla folks!

Even if it is worth skipping buying another car for two years or so...

Alex

Are you aware that the most recent M3 update causes the tablet, which contains ALL the instrumentation, to black out and require a hard reset?

Shunning an entire make/model because a non-essential feature doesn't work is foolish. Declaring one's intention to go to a fundamentally flawed competitor is beyond foolish. But you do do, boo.

The Nissan app V6.3.7 looks like it's down again...it stopped giving me any range number or percent charged but says it's updated with the correct date and time. Anybody else have a problem?

For the last several days including this morning as I write this, I’ve had no connectivity to NissanConnectEV and get this message: A7F54186-D3A8-4AC5-B888-344702F26A8A.jpegI tried the suggested phone number and after 7 minutes on hold gave up. Just keeping this tool working seems too much for Nissan’s engineers as it has been a weakness in the LEAF ownership experience...for the last 7 years in my case. I get the same message when the car is in the garage, my driveway, in several parking lots out shopping, etc. Has not worked anywhere.

I have been getting my plug in reminder emails and charge complete emails/texts without issue except for short periods of time when Nissan servers or AT&T cellular sites are down. I just requested status update via the Android app on my BlackBerry and the updated status came through in about 40 seconds. Status updates have been slow ever since the servers and app were updated, but climate control requests go through to my car quickly.

SalisburySam said:
For the last several days including this morning as I write this, I’ve had no connectivity to NissanConnectEV and get this message: I tried the suggested phone number and after 7 minutes on hold gave up. Just keeping this tool working seems too much for Nissan’s engineers as it has been a weakness in the LEAF ownership experience...for the last 7 years in my case. I get the same message when the car is in the garage, my driveway, in several parking lots out shopping, etc. Has not worked anywhere.

You may need to pull the 20amp Audio fuse in the engine compartment fuse box to reset the TCU.

UPDATE: I tried the Nissan phone number a few more times and actually got through. The kind and seemingly knowledgeable agent said this issue is not unknown and there is a service bulletin out: TSB NTB18-045b, 2011-2015 Leaf; 12 Volt Battery Loses Charge And/Or Telematics Services Do Not Work. My (still original) 12v shows acceptable voltage and is maintained on a battery tender so that might not be the problem. So off to the dealer for the first time in a few, ok several, years.

What I don’t understand is why this started May 17, 2019. Also the TSB is dated in June, 2018. Guess I need to see the dealer more often...or not.

Thanks to the others who had suggestions...much appreciated!

Back