Official Tesla Model 3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lorenfb said:
SageBrush said:
sparky said:
They'll ship few to Norway in April and we'll read about the "Norwegian demand cliff".
:lol: :lol:
You are so right

What happened here?

April is off to a horrible start for Tesla in the countries in Europe where we get daily sales (registration) data: Norway and The Netherlands.
Compared to March, the daily sales rate in Norway in April thus far is down 82%, and in The Netherlands it’s down 76%.
For the more expensive and higher-margin Model S and X, Tesla is losing market share to Audi and Jaguar’s electric cars in the most dramatic of ways.
Audi eTron and Jaguar i-Pace are outselling Tesla Model X and S combined by a factor of 5.7 to 1 in Norway, and 9.7 to 1 in The Netherlands.
Tesla usually makes up for an April shortfall in the last month of the quarter, but this is a very deep hole from which Tesla now has to dig.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4256243-teslas-model-3-sales-fall-82-percent-norway-76-percent-netherlands?dr=1

Since you listen to Anton Wahlman, do yourself a favor and go back and review all his articles since 2013. He's been disparaging Tesla and making bad predictions since then. Go ahead and believe his interpretation of events at your own risk.

What he didn't point out was that the first week of april was still showing strong deliveries, because those were vehicles that didn't make it in the Q1 delivery push. After all the ships were unloaded, the next batch of ships haven't arrived yet, so no cars to deliver.

Shame on Tesla for not getting their delivery **** in order, but hardly an indication of a demand issue.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:
SageBrush said:
:lol: :lol:
You are so right

What happened here?

April is off to a horrible start for Tesla in the countries in Europe where we get daily sales (registration) data: Norway and The Netherlands.
Compared to March, the daily sales rate in Norway in April thus far is down 82%, and in The Netherlands it’s down 76%.
For the more expensive and higher-margin Model S and X, Tesla is losing market share to Audi and Jaguar’s electric cars in the most dramatic of ways.
Audi eTron and Jaguar i-Pace are outselling Tesla Model X and S combined by a factor of 5.7 to 1 in Norway, and 9.7 to 1 in The Netherlands.
Tesla usually makes up for an April shortfall in the last month of the quarter, but this is a very deep hole from which Tesla now has to dig.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4256243-teslas-model-3-sales-fall-82-percent-norway-76-percent-netherlands?dr=1

Since you listen to Anton Wahlman, do yourself a favor and go back and review all his articles since 2013. He's been disparaging Tesla and making bad predictions since then. Go ahead and believe his interpretation of events at your own risk.

What he didn't point out was that the first week of april was still showing strong deliveries, because those were vehicles that didn't make it in the Q1 delivery push. After all the ships were unloaded, the next batch of ships haven't arrived yet, so no cars to deliver.

Shame on Tesla for not getting their delivery **** in order, but hardly an indication of a demand issue.

Today's Tesla 2019 Q1 report and next Wednesday's InsideEVs April U.S. deliveries should provide a good basic perspective.

lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:
What happened here?

Today's Tesla 2019 Q1 report and next Wednesday's InsideEVs April U.S. deliveries should provide a good basic perspective.

We already know Q1's deliveries (wasn't great for model S & X), and can guess at what their earnings will be. April's InsideEV's numbers are for US deliveries and are only their estimate.

What kind of perspective is that going to provide? Shorts will continue to claim that Tesla will go bankrupt and that there's limited demand for BEV's, and bulls won't. Nothing the bulls have said has ever changed any bear's opinion ... except for Andrew Left @ Citron. He's a real curious one isn't he?

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
What kind of perspective is that going to provide? ?
Easy. If it fits his narrative it will be 'the final truth' and if it does not he will find an excuse. Since loren is a tesla troll and he has read that Elon does not expect to report a profit this quarter he is hopeful for confirmation of his negative narrative.

Whatever

SageBrush said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
What kind of perspective is that going to provide? ?
Easy. If it fits his narrative it will be 'the final truth' and if it does not he will find an excuse. Since loren is a tesla troll and he has read that Elon does not expect to report a profit this quarter he is hopeful for confirmation of his negative narrative.

Whatever

Correct, if the model S line burned down and could not run it would be a demand issue. No one mentions the refresh or other impacts. Yes Loren is an absolute Tesla troll, the only one really on this forum except crazy Ed, RIP. Loren is also the tech expert on Tesla that gets everything wrong.

EVDRIVER said:
Correct, if the model S line burned down and could not run it would be a demand issue. No one mentions the refresh or other impacts.

Tesla looking real good, right? NOT!

Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of -$2.90 misses by $1.96; GAAP EPS of -$4.10 misses by $2.04.
Revenue of $4.54B (+33.1% Y/Y) misses by $640M.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/tesla-earnings-q1-2019.html

Back to the old verbiage previously post on MNL, "Growth companies don't need to be profitable."

lorenfb said:
EVDRIVER said:
Correct, if the model S line burned down and could not run it would be a demand issue. No one mentions the refresh or other impacts.

Tesla looking real good, right? NOT!

Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of -$2.90 misses by $1.96; GAAP EPS of -$4.10 misses by $2.04.
Revenue of $4.54B (+33.1% Y/Y) misses by $640M.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/tesla-earnings-q1-2019.html

Back to the old verbiage previously post on MNL, "Growth companies don't need to be profitable."

Check back in a couple years when I retire from Tesla. You could not see the big picture if it fell on your head like the foolish analysts. Are you really always full of sound bites that fit your agenda that have no vision or analysis? Let me answer,

Yes,

Sad as usual.

And now for the really unpleasant nitty-gritty of Tesla's 2019 Q1:

2018 GAAP Numbers;

ASP per vehicle - $84K, Loss per vehicle - $4K

2019 Q1 GAAP Numbers:

ASP per vehicle - $59K, Loss per vehicle - $10K+

So in Q1 of 2019, Tesla basically gave away 2.5X the shareholder wealth per vehicle than in 2018, i.e. a significant negative trend.
And next comes the MY (M3 with a different decklid - laughable) further reducing the ASP and potentially further increasing losses,
given the significant reduction in MS/MX sales - no ASP help there.

lorenfb said:

2018 GAAP Numbers;

2019 Q1 GAAP Numbers:

So in Q1 of 2019, Tesla basically gave away 2.5X the shareholder wealth per vehicle than in 2018, i.e. a significant negative trend.
And next comes the MY (M3 with a different decklid - laughable) further reducing the ASP and potentially further increasing losses,

You're distorting the numbers to suit your narrative, but I didn't expect nothing less. Good luck trying to get anyone to sell you their shares!

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:

2018 GAAP Numbers;

2019 Q1 GAAP Numbers:

You're distorting the numbers to suit your narrative, but I didn't expect nothing less. Good luck trying to get anyone to sell you their shares!

The numbers weren't "distorted", i.e. they're right from the Tesla P&L statement using simple calculations. So your positive perspective
on the Tesla 2019 Q1 results is?

lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:

2018 GAAP Numbers;

2019 Q1 GAAP Numbers:

The numbers weren't "distorted", i.e. they're right from the Tesla P&L statement using simple calculations. So your positive perspective

The "loss per vehicle" number has been touted by shorts since 2013 as proof of a failed business, without any consideration of the investments made by the company, nor the in-transit vehicles that didn't make delivery by EoQ, that affects the number. It's irrelevant back then, and still is now. That's your narrative.

SalisburySam said:
lorenfb said:
So your positive perspective on the Tesla 2019 Q1 results is?
...that I'm enjoyed the heck out of my Model 3, and that regardless of 1Q19 results that is unlikely to change.

That's great! Glad you're happy. I could've bought a M3 instead of my 2019 SL this month, but the M3 had too many negatives
and the Leaf at 175+ mile range is adequate. If the 2019 performs as my 2013 and is as reliable over the next 5 years, I'll be happy.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:

The "loss per vehicle" number has been touted by shorts since 2013 as proof of a failed business, without any consideration of the investments made by the company, nor the in-transit vehicles that didn't make delivery by EoQ, that affects the number. It's irrelevant back then, and still is now. That's your narrative.

So nothing positive, right? So we wait for next Wednesday's InsideEvs U.S. report.

lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:

So nothing positive, right? So we wait for next Wednesday's InsideEvs U.S. report.

Q2 projected deliverables is 90-100k cars. Smoother international deliveries being targeted. $900million debt paid off. supercharger network continues to grow, etc. Plenty of positives, but you wouldn't care about them anyway, so I didn't bother.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:

Q2 projected deliverables is 90-100k cars. Smoother international deliveries being targeted. $900million debt paid off. supercharger network continues to grow, etc. Plenty of positives, but you wouldn't care about them anyway, so I didn't bother.

Don't feed Loren it's a waste of time and only reason they are here. Unless you think EV demand in general is dead then Tesla is going to be the leader in this space as they have every advantage at every level. If not then EVs are dead. In the meantime all the Tesla "killers" are falling flat on their face.

EVDRIVER said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
lorenfb said:

Don't feed Loren it's a waste of time and only reason they are here. Unless you think EV demand in general is dead then Tesla is going to be the leader in this space as they have every advantage at every level. If not then EVs are dead. In the meantime all the Tesla "killers" are falling flat on their face.

I consider it batting practice. :D

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Q2 projected deliverables is 90-100k cars. Smoother international deliveries being targeted.

Another Elon guesstimate, right? If likely, then next Wednesday should indicate minimum U.S. deliveries of 15-20K (M3/MS/MX)
for April, and assuming ROW is near equal to U.S. - that's unlikely though. The key assumption is that the M3 demand hasn't weakened,
which many analysts believe not to be the case, as indicated by a very poor Q1. Again, where's the $35K M3? Surely with all the
$1K reservations still on the books from 2016, a huge delivery potential exists, right? Oh, did we forget, Tesla can't deliver a $35K M3
profitably.

Bottom Line: Dream On!

lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Q2 projected deliverables is 90-100k cars. Smoother international deliveries being targeted.

Another Elon guesstimate, right? If likely, then next Wednesday should indicate minimum U.S. deliveries of 15-20K (M3/MS/MX)
for April, and assuming ROW is near equal to U.S. - that's unlikely though. The key assumption is that the M3 demand hasn't weakened,
which many analysts believe not to be the case, as indicated by a very poor Q1. Again, where's the $35K M3? Surely with all the
$1K reservations still on the books from 2016, a huge delivery potential exists, right? Oh, did we forget, Tesla can't deliver a $35K M3
profitably.

Got bitter?

lorenfb said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:

profitably.

Bottom Line: I will!

Back