Leaf Plus Arriving at Dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Plus is starting to arrive at dealers in limited quantities. Our local dealer, Leith Nissan in Cary, NC received some yesterday (March 8). They have one fewer SLplus in stock tonight.

2019 Leaf SL Plus Gun Metallic
2013 Leaf SL Blue

webeleafowners said:
Pholz said:
The Plus is starting to arrive at dealers in limited quantities. Our local dealer, Leith Nissan in Cary, NC received some yesterday (March 8). They have one fewer SLplus in stock tonight.

2019 Leaf SL Plus Gun Metallic
2013 Leaf SL Blue

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

That should be easy, as the above poster bought one. ;)

Is there any point in noting that there is already a topic on the ePLus...?

LeftieBiker said:
Is there any point in noting that there is already a topic on the ePLus...?

This is a Leaf forum and there are no less than 4 active Tesla threads right now so I'd let it a second Leaf Plus thread slide... :D

I checked last night (Houston TX area) and a few different dealerships have them in stock. The price is kind of high though. My 2015 S is getting me by so far. I have purposely NOT gone to go look at one up close or (heaven forbid) test drive it. That would be the death of my checking account.

One of our local dealers phoned me with an update yesterday and infirmed it would be 5 months before he gets any. Interior BC dealer. He said if he had 50 on the lot right now he could sell all 50 in a day. Looks like we are going to be out of the country for five months starting October so no sense ordering now till we get back.

There are plenty arriving at dealers in CA, and as far as I can tell, they are not selling.

Champion Nissan in Santa Clarita has had a bunch of Plus's for a few weeks and it doesn't look like any have sold. They have already marked them down by 3k for SV plus models. Which actually means according to their website they have SV plus's for slightly cheaper than an S plus. Go figure!

So I may be wrong but I would assume that you could negotiate them down a bit further, maybe walk away with a SV plus for 4k off MSRP. They appear to have the weather package but not the tech package which also seems an odd combination for the SoCAL market.

Dealers near Seattle seem to be overflowing with Plus trim Leafs. A quick search within 50 miles of here gives 8 S Plus, 23 SV Plus, and 91 SL Plus Leafs, with the cheapest S Plus being listed for $35,937 down in Tacoma. I'd bet they'd be willing to go down in price, too.

Lots of Plus' here in Boulder, CO as well. I've been tempted to test drive one but my 2017 S is still wonderful and in a few years I'd guess there will be a PlusPlus model or its equivalent so what's the rush?

Yes I agree

While I'd love the range it's just too much $$$

I'm going shopping Saturday so well see what I end up with. I have a 2015 I'm looking at carmax plus a Nissan dealer next door

Seems to me that using the Tesla model 3 as a bargaining chip when negotiating with a Nissan dealer would give a buyer some leverage. I'll be very surprised if SLs, and even SVs, sell full price - they are to have to discount them.

alozzy said:
Seems to me that using the Tesla model 3 as a bargaining chip when negotiating with a Nissan dealer would give a buyer some leverage. I'll be very surprised if SLs, and even SVs, sell full price - they are to have to discount them.
This usually occurs some months after the cars are available in the form of lease deals.

alozzy said:
Almost without exception, the key is the ability to wait. Early adopters always pay the price for being first.

My 2015 is doing fine. It gets me everywhere I need to go each day (commuting to/from work and errands) so I'll just ride it out until they are really dealing on these cars. It might even be advisable to wait for lease returns in a few years. At that point, we'll know more about how the batteries are holding up.

In all likelihood, most of us will want one before that. So at least wait until the market is saturated. I suspect they will drop that extra $5,500 off the price for the plus version premium charge. I hope they do anyway. I'm not interested in actually buying a Tesla. The support is just not there. Not like a real car company. The Kona is too small. I looked at one last week and it looked like a Leaf with two feet of length chopped off of the back end. Well, that's what it looked like anyway. And I don't like giving up that room.

In any case, all the new EVs coming out will definitely work as bargaining tools against the inflated prices on the Leaf. So that's pretty exciting.

I agree, I was excited about the kia niro ev, and its getting good reviews, lots of space inside, lots of range.

But its going for 44-46k if you can even find one.

Instead i just scored a new 2018 leaf, which does what I need it to for now, and I plan to upgrade it a year or two.

Seattle has dozens of Leaf Plus vehicles among the dealers. Apparently it is the second largest market for Leafs after San Fran. We bought a Plus over the weekend. It was the perfect time because we had just exceeded the mileage agreement on our 2015 Leaf lease and avoided further surcharge. The dealer split the remaining payments with us and in others things we got a very nice deal.

This car is more powerful than our 2015, and the steering is much easier. Larger screen and a little bit larger trunk. We really like these cars.

Back