The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coinneach said:
cwerdna said:
^^^
Welcome! I noticed you mentioned Tempe (AZ) and noticed your profile says Phoenix. We will be very interested to see how your battery holds ups after going thru two Phoenix summers.

Heh about eco. I never drive with that on my '13 Leaf. Feels way too sluggish. And, now that I have a Bolt, my '13 Leaf feels a bit pokey. Your Leaf Plus should have comparable acceleration to the Bolt.

I'm shivering in antici...

(SAY IT!)

pation.

I didn't drive a Bolt. My experience with GM has been extremely disappointing the past few years. Two new Chevys, a 2012 Cruze and a 2014 Sonic. The Cruze was a terrible POS, in the shop every other month. I traded it for the Sonic when the gas tank started leaking. The Sonic was reliable but alternately boring and infuriating until it was t-boned. And Chevy dealers are the dumbest mfers on the planet; three years after I traded in the Cruze, I was still getting calls, emails, and postcards begging me to trade it in. I had to literally go to the dealer and get in the marketing manager's face to make them stop.

So you can see why have no interest in buying another Chebby. Don't get me started on the Cult of Elon.
I hear you on GM. In my family. we've had 3 GM vehicles in the past. 3/3 were not very good in terms of reliability. After that, none of us bought/leased GM again, until my Bolt. There was only one more American nameplate vehicle after those 3 GM vehicles. The rest had been Toyotas and Nissans for us (much better, overall)... so it's been a stretch for me to be willing to take a chance on GM again.

Years ago, I used to post a bit on Cruzetalk but ummm... some of the fanboyism and leaps of uhhh.... imagination (?, can't find the right words) about the supposed good reliability (e.g. "million mile car" w/no evidence to back it up) were annoying/amusing. A few years later, IIRC, the Cruze eventually did get a decent reliability rating, but for many years was terrible (including, IIRC, your 2012).

But back to Phoenix and all... will be very interesting to see what capacity loss looks like on these new 62 kWh batteries in blazing hot temps vs. someone in a mild climate. As far as we know, the model year '15 (and '16 S) "lizard" packs are the best, so far. But even they are no match for crazy hot climates: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=545757#p545757. We don't really know on the 40 kWh packs and really don't know on the 62 kWh packs.

Hope it holds up well enough for your needs, capacity warranty and all.

I hear you about the cult of Elon. Some of the attitudes (and other factors) over at "TMC" are why I sometimes go on hiatus from there for months, esp. when I have other priorities in life I need to attend to. I might be about to do that again...

cwerdna said:
Coinneach said:
cwerdna said:
Years ago, I used to post a bit on Cruzetalk...

(snip)

I hear you about the cult of Elon. Some of the attitudes (and other factors) over at "TMC" are why I sometimes go on hiatus from there for months, esp. when I have other priorities in life I need to attend to. I might be about to do that again...

Heh, I thought your handle looked familiar. It's a small web after all.

Got a new leftover 2018, bought it yesterday, drove it home today! Its very nice, especially for the price!

2018 SV with Tech and Weather, Pearl White

cash price was 26,800
doc proc fee is 80
sales tax is 2218.01
electronic veh reg 30
license fee 372
tire fee 7

total price: 29512

minus 14,000 I put down to cover credits and rebates

SUM: 15,512.01

danrjones said:
Got a new leftover 2018, bought it yesterday, drove it home today! Its very nice, especially for the price!

2018 SV with Tech and Weather, Pearl White

cash price was 26,800
doc proc fee is 80
sales tax is 2218.01
electronic veh reg 30
license fee 372
tire fee 7

total price: 29512

minus 14,000 I put down to cover credits and rebates

SUM: 15,512.01

Nice! Any more left at that dealer?

Actually yes they have three more 2018 sv models left. Two white and a silver. But they only have tech package not weather. If you can live without the weather package you could probably get a great deal.

They are in Palmdale. Note that I've heard mixed reviews of follow up service from that dealer, but you can go to any dealer for service.

Btw they gave me a card for free pub charging for two years. Didnt ask about details because its not much use to me.

Newbie here with first EV and super excited!

Today, I bought a used certified 2019 Leaf SV with 85 miles for $20,734 before taxes etc in a California dealership. Could you kindly help me understand if this a fair price?

Welcome to MyNissanLeaf!

Here's one website that can help answer your question:

https://www.kbb.com/nissan/leaf/2019/sv/?vehicleid=438694&intent=buy-new

I just purchased a 2018 Leaf S with quick charge and weather package on Thursday:

MSRP: 33,785
Subtotal: 22,499
Sales Tax: 1,917
Dealer Installed Options - tint/edging/nitro: 503 (annoying but down from a ridiculous 1495)
Dealer Doc Fee: 499 (extra annoying)
Reg/Title: 81
Total OTD: 25,499

I wish I had generous state or utility rebates to add in but after the $7,500 tax credit I plan to receive I feel a brand new Leaf for net cost of $18,000 is pretty good in the AZ market.

billexium said:
I just purchased a 2018 Leaf S with quick charge and weather package on Thursday:

Dealer Installed Options - tint/edging/nitro: 503 (annoying but down from a ridiculous 1495)

I wish I had generous state or utility rebates to add in but after the $7,500 tax credit I plan to receive I feel a brand new Leaf for net cost of $18,000 is pretty good in the AZ market.

Not bad for AZ. Which dealer was this?

inphoenix said:
billexium said:

Not bad for AZ. Which dealer was this?

This was at Larry H Miller Nissan at Mesa Riverview. I do not love the dealership but from what I could find it was the last 2018 LEAF in the Phoenix area. Their website also shows a 2018 black SV in the inventory but the sales manager said Nissan put a hold on it and it will be sent back to Nissan classified as a lemon.

billexium said:

That's interesting - a returned lease that somehow didn't work out? Or maybe a dealer loaner car?

Is that with or without the weather and tech packages?

Seems like a good deal but when you buy used you don't get any of the tax credits or rebates.

danrjones said:
billexium said:

That's interesting - a returned lease that somehow didn't work out? Or maybe a dealer loaner car?

Is that with or without the weather and tech packages?

Seems like a good deal but when you buy used you don't get any of the tax credits or rebates.

The car I bought? It was new on the lot. I saw the sweet deal you got on your 2018 LEAF SV in California. I really wish AZ had additional credits like you guys do out there. Your capped doc fee is pretty nice too!

First time EV buyer, although I have been eyeing them for a while, the ranges were not feasible where I live. Charging stations are still not very plentiful in some parts of NH either, so seeing Nissan up in the low 200+ miles range peaked my interest. It took a while at the dealership, but the folks answered my (many) questions and found the model, packages, and color/trim I was looking for - along with a decent trade-in of my old Ford. There was plenty of basic information on the car itself, but perhaps a bit more background on charging and setting up the Nissan Pay would have helped a bit.

After driving it for over a month, I'm very pleased with the performance, comfort and range. I'm still fine-tuning driving habits and settings, but pushing the limits to see exactly what my max would be to give me a good solid limit to set myself for ranges... best yet is 228.4 miles driven with 13% left on battery (typically I don't go below 20%) with about 31 miles "left" on the dashboard estimate... that's about as close as I'm comfortable to push. The car came equipped with just about everything on the trim along with the nifty trunk organizer, etc. The only thing I couldn't get was a sunroof!

I had a 240v/50 amp NEMA 14-50 plug installed in the garage so overnight charging is easy, no matter the battery level. I've only done one public charge so far while on a 180-mile roundtrip (just to see how it works). I currently have rooftop solar, so am still working out how this fits into my system capacity - I may end up with a secondary meter to charge the car from the grid at the discounted EV night-time charging rates from my local electric coop and save my solar for the house and winter's lower production. Winter will be another test of the EV here, but having fun so far.

Purchase Date: 6 June 2019
Model: 2019 Nissan Leaf SL Plus
Odometer: 76 miles
Color: metallic gunmetal gray with light gray leather interior
Sales Price: $42,201
Doc Fees: $499
Taxes: $0
Trade-In: $6,500
Rebate: $2,000

Dealer price due: $33,202
Tax Credit: $7,500
Elec Coop rebate: $1,000

Total price: $24,702

Just got our 2015 SV with 16k on the clock.
Love this Car.. driven by a Grandma since new.. got it for $11,500.. So much to learn.
Oddly enough,Blew the Engine in my 2005 Rx8 the day before.. So fitting.

Don’t physically have ours yet, but closed the deal on a red 2018 SV with Tech and Weather packages, and with just 2,601 miles. Getting it from Carvana for $26,861.22.

Total Price:
$26,861.22
(incl. taxes, fees, upgrades)

Carvana Price: $25,100.00
Taxes: $1,615.47
Title/Reg/Fees: $145.75

Delivery on Tuesday! Carfax says the car was originally purchased in St. Louis so I’m hoping the battery won’t be in too bad a shape, especially with the low miles. I already have my OBD dongle and Leaf Spy ready to go, though.

I needed to replace my old commuter vehicle. DC area has one of the worst traffic in the US. I have been watching the EV pricing of vehicles with range of 200+ miles. I am not a Tesla person and I narrowed my choice between the Leaf Plus and Kia Soul EV. Kia decided to delay the release of the Soul EV in the US.

I finally purchased my Gun Metallic (with black interior) SL Plus over the 4th of July weekend. I could not resist the DC area dealer discounts that were being offered. Below are the pricing details:

MSRP: $42,550
Kick Plates: $130
Splash Guards; $200
Mats: $190
Cargo Net: $30
Destination Charge: $895
Total MSRP: $43,995

Sale Price (Reduction): -$4,158
Nissan Incentive: -$1,000
Dealer Online Discount: -$300
Dealer Free Tax, Tags, Title: -67

Free 2 year charging at EVgo, ChargePoint and a couple more providers
Free All-Weather Mats

Waiting for:
Federal Tax Incentive: -$7,500
State of Maryland EV Rebate: -$3,000

Also available State of Maryland rebate for installing home charging station (up to $700).

The dealer told me I just missed the PEPCO (DC metro area electric provider) rebate which ended 30 June 2019. I don't recall the amount.

DougWantsALeaf said:
ENV 200 camper with Frunk for sale.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/ev-news-rides-again.73921/post-2685638

Unfortunately the eNV-200 has never and will probably never be offered for sale in the US :( :x
With a 62kwh or even 40kwh battery I'd seriously think of one......well maybe not a camper van but a 5(or 5+) passenger van would be real nice :)

Back