IEVS: Group Tries To Stop Colorado From Joining California's EV Mandate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://insideevs.com/news/348616/colorado-zev-law-california-trade-group/

. . . Colorado looks to be the next state to adopt California's stricter zero emissions vehicle standards, but a large group made up of some leading automakers is trying to reverse that course.

The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers sent a letter last week to Governor Jared Polis that pledged to make every EV offered by those companies – such as Ford, General Motors and Volkswagen Group of America – available in Colorado by January 2020, according to Reuters. This followed a meeting earlier in April in which the alliance pushed for voluntary marketing efforts to support EV sales, instead of joining California's mandate.

Colorado already offers a $5,000 state tax incentive for new EV sales, but Polis wants to align the state's policies with that of California's, along with the likes of New Jersey, New York and Oregon. California is targeting that 8 percent of its new vehicle sales by 2025 would be plug-ins of some kind, according to Reuters, and it's expected those states that have adopted its standards would post similar figures. . . .

Works for me if CO picks up the mandate.
Puts a huge supply of fresh EV, plug in hybrid vehicles right next door.
I had my pretty cherry leaf shipped in from Illinois.
Shipping from CO would have be at least $500 cheaper.

Back