2011–2015 Leaf as a secondary vehicle?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheMagster said:
We bought a 2015 Nissan Leaf SV with ~25k miles & 12 bars for $11,500 off the lot. We financed it to get a $700 incentive they were offering, then paid if off within a few weeks (then the Nissan bank lost our title and we had to use a temporary moving permit for 6 months, which was annoying but actually saved us 6 month's worth of car registration). We should be getting the $2500 Energy Trust rebate check soon, that will bring our final price down to about $9000. If you plan to get that, you'll have to buy pretty soon, as that program is first-come first-served. Our car was off-lease and in perfect condition. I didn't know about LeafSpy at the time, but I did get the battery report, carfax, etc. before buying.

This is good to hear. I'm planning to stick with dealerships for now, since that's the only way to get the Charge Ahead rebate, and I'd rather not leave $2500 on the table :)

Looks like there's a Used 2015 Nissan LEAF SV for sale here at Lithia Nissan in Eugene

https://www.lithianissaneugene.com/...ugene-or-7e76e2520a0e0a6b044dd5b6c0bf5211.htm

Price looks pretty outrageous honestly, especially since I've seen similar online for under $10K, and with lower mileage.

I'm gonna look into it though, see if we can figure something out.

Without Premium Package, in one of the less popular colors, and with 35k miles (not high for a Leaf, but not low, either - remember it's a short range car) the car isn't quite worth a premium price - UNLESS you can get it with the one add-on warranty plan that, at least on paper, covers battery degradation below 70% (IIRC), until 2025 in this case. THAT would make the car worth more. If the car is CPO it's probably eligible for it. Just remember that no other warranty, including the CPO plan, covers battery degradation... OK, found it:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28478&p=554083

Back