Battery in leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234owen

How can you find out what kind of battery you have in your leaf? I have a 2015 leaf which I bought mid july. I believe I have a 30kwh battery as opposed to a 24kwh battery. I understand that I have a 5 yr or 60,000 mile warranty on battery & to replace battery costs $9k including installation & taxes. I have about 1yr left & only 25k miles. Has anyone else been in this situation? It sounds like Nissan Goodwill program doesn't really work from some of the posts I have read. I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

The USA 2015 Leafs came from the factory with 24 kWh batteries. It is not likely that the battery in your car has been replaced and there have been no confirmed cases of Nissan installing 30 kWh or larger batteries in older Leafs. The 30 kWh batteries were first used in 2016 models.

Gerry is right. There were two packs used in 2016 ONLY: the early production S Leafs had the same 24kwh as the 2015 cars, and the later build cars have the 30kwh packs. IIRC, the switchover happened around June of 2016.

Back