Rapidgate fixed in Europe

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evoforce said:
OrientExpress said:
Evoforce said:
There are great 1:1 ICE replacement cars already being manufactured. For what most Americans want, Nissan refuses to produce that ICE replacement and charging infrastructure.

I'm intrigued, would you tell me which BEVs you believe are 1:1 replacements for ICEs?
:shock:

Look at an example.

Suppose I want to drive from Fargo, ND to Malta, Montana.

How long would that take in an ICE? Google maps gives 9:07

https://www.evtripplanner.com/planner/2-8/?id=adncdn3d

How long would that take in a Tesla Model S 100D? 25:47

https://www.evtripplanner.com/planner/2-8/?id=adncdn3d

Then suppose I want to continue on to Minot, ND?

There was no complete route found using only superchargers. You can try adding conventional chargers to the route where superchargers were missing

Might be able to fill in with some RV campground stops... Or maybe I could get a 120V plug someplace... Or use a hotel AC outlet out the window...

Looks like a Tesla Fail to me.

WetEV said:
Try to plan that with a car using a CCS or a CHAdeMO. You can't at all. That you can do this at all with a Tesla makes it a "Tesla Fail" in your opinion.

The west half of ND and the east half of Montana are currently DCFC deserts. At least there are SuC in SD and WY -- according to plugshare there are no CCS or CHAdeMO in those states at all.

At least Tesla's SuC expansion plans shows them building across I94 in the next year, making this route direct.

But, no, you are showing why you can't have an EV as a 1:1 replacement of an ICE. That such a replacement is easily possible where 95% (*) of the population of the U.S. lives doesn't seem to matter to you.

(*) as with much Internet-posted statistics, this is a gut feeling and made up on the fly

All this sounds like why we should have forced the government to install the EV charging network. Not much chance of that with the current administration but it it something that still (after all this time) needs to be done.

I laugh at the supposed expense especially considering some the highways Uncle Sam built and their cost...

jlv said:
But, no, you are showing why you can't have an EV as a 1:1 replacement of an ICE. That such a replacement is easily possible where 95% (*) of the population of the U.S. lives doesn't seem to matter to you.

Ah, then not a 100% 1:1 replacement.

A LEAF is a 1:1 replacement for some people. Not as many as a Tesla Model S 100D, but less than a third the cost.

jlv said:
WetEV said:
Try to plan that with a car using a CCS or a CHAdeMO. You can't at all. That you can do this at all with a Tesla makes it a "Tesla Fail" in your opinion.

Notice the Telsa couldn't do the second leg of the trip using SuperChargers.

You could do in in any EV even without CCS or CHAdeMO, just the same way as you would with a Tesla.

Stopping at RV parks. Charging out the window of hotels. Plugging into 120V outlets. Not in a hurry?

Back