Fenix Power - Took money and but never delivered

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newporttom said:
I monitor their Twitter daily. Would love more news. I could easily see myself picking up a used Leaf to go with my 2018.

The CEO told me that some big announcement is coming very soon, I'll be updating my site in my signature when I get that info.

UBUYGAS said:
Newporttom said:
I monitor their Twitter daily. Would love more news. I could easily see myself picking up a used Leaf to go with my 2018.

The CEO told me that some big announcement is coming very soon, I'll be updating my site in my signature when I get that info.

Expanding their relationships

When I go to the Fenix site and try to add the product to the Cart, it says I have 0 in my Cart. Why can't they take the down payment money yet?

dsh said:
When I go to the Fenix site and try to add the product to the Cart, it says I have 0 in my Cart. Why can't they take the down payment money yet?

Sounds like a feature rather than a bug.

Unless you like to gamble at long odds, wait for a real product.

UBUYGAS said:
You can get your deposit back if you need to pull out. They say on their website that it's completely refundable.

They have told me that mine should be installed end of 2019.

I leased a 2018 SV back in March and had my deposit refunded. They were very prompt with the refund and I had a good conversation with John about things. He seemed like a reasonable guy and I hope they are successful, family obligations just rendered my 2015 unable to meet my needs and I couldn't wait until the end of the year for a batter swap.

Have these guys actually built anything yet?

Cause late 2019 isn't enough time to build such a battery. Unless say you're tesla so you already know how to build batteries with liquid cooling, you have unlimited money and man power.

Oilpan4 said:

Cause late 2019 isn't enough time to build such a battery. Unless say you're tesla
Your description barely scratches the surface of the difficulties involved.

There is a start-up in the NL getting ready to offer battery **additions** without a TMS.
That is a much more reasonable approach because it circumvents the entire BMS/TMS/VCM/etc problem.
And by the way: his upgrade is only offered for installation at his shop. Obviously

Compared to Fenix, Nissan also has unlimited funds and engineering talent yet they cannot figure out how to add a TMS at a price consumers will buy despite having everything at their fingertips. But Fenix has ? And they are going to reverse-engineer the entire LEAF software matrix along the way ?

Uh-huh

We know nissan can do it they just chose not to.
Locking down the battery was more important to them than making it long term user friendly.

Our friends in NL are so close to to launching their big products.

If I'm going to go through the trouble of dropping the battery it's getting an improved tms. Considering that some some stick on battery warmers that are manually plugged into 120v, some 2 inch water tight conduit for ducting with a fan to open loop circulate some air through the batt and a coating of a+b foam as a vast improvement over effectively nothing.

SageBrush said:
Oilpan4 said:

Cause late 2019 isn't enough time to build such a battery. Unless say you're tesla
Your description barely scratches the surface of the difficulties involved.

There is a start-up in the NL getting ready to offer battery **additions** without a TMS.
That is a much more reasonable approach because it circumvents the entire BMS/TMS/VCM/etc problem.
And by the way: his upgrade is only offered for installation at his shop. Obviously

Compared to Fenix, Nissan also has unlimited funds and engineering talent yet they cannot figure out how to add a TMS at a price consumers will buy despite having everything at their fingertips. But Fenix has ? And they are going to reverse-engineer the entire LEAF software matrix along the way ?

Uh-huh

You seriously think Engineers make the decisions?

OMG!! :lol:

I know engineers they like to over build everything if it was up to them and don't watch the bottom line like it's coming out of their personal checking account.
The problem is a lot of the guys at the top started off as bean counters and that's all they know.

Oilpan4 said:

Oilpan4 said:
I know engineers they like to over build everything if it was up to them.

Nissan's strategy seems to be analogous to the Porsche designed air-cooled ICE engines. KISS. Even if it doesn't work everywhere it is simple, cheap and in the right application (ie climate) it is great solution. Personally, I hope they figure out how to make their batteries last 'long enough' without a TMS. I'd rather have a simpler car even if it it can't charge at 100kW.

Oilpan4 said:
I know engineers they like to over build everything if it was up to them and don't watch the bottom line like it's coming out of their personal checking account.
The problem is a lot of the guys at the top started off as bean counters and that's all they know.

You nailed it.

What is THE biggest reason Tesla has done as well as it has?

Its CEO was an engineer.

goldbrick said:
Oilpan4 said:

Oilpan4 said:
I know engineers they like to over build everything if it was up to them.

Nissan's strategy seems to be analogous to the Porsche designed air-cooled ICE engines. KISS. Even if it doesn't work everywhere it is simple, cheap and in the right application (ie climate) it is great solution. Personally, I hope they figure out how to make their batteries last 'long enough' without a TMS. I'd rather have a simpler car even if it it can't charge at 100kW.
I think 50kw charging is plenty unless the vehicle is being used for road trips.
For cooling a fan and some ducting that circulates some outside air through the battery would be a huge improvement.

I can’t see spending 5k+ unless my replacement battery moves me up from the original 24 to at least 30 if not more total capacity. To restore the 20 miles of lost range in my 2013 isn’t worth more the 2k from a convenience of more range perspective.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I can’t see spending 5k+ unless my replacement battery moves me up from the original 24 to at least 30 if not more total capacity. To restore the 20 miles of lost range in my 2013 isn’t worth more the 2k from a convenience of more range perspective.
Wait a couple of years, when you are down 20 more miles.

SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Wait a couple of years, when you are down 20 more miles.

Sage's Tesla stock is down. Feel sorry for Sage. All together now... Ahhh ... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back