SD Card or Cards in 2016?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpicyITC

Question:
How many SD cards in a 2016? Behind the faceplate I see only one slot. The slot is labeled "Maps". And the slot is empty.
The Leaf is 2016 SL with the Premium Package. I purchased it a couple of days ago Certified Pre-Owned from a Nissan dealer.

The Story:
I'm not seeing the "No SD Card" message described in other posts. Pressing the Navigation button does nothing. And the radio presets are defaulting back to the previous owners. Those are the two problems I discovered as I'm starting to "play" with the car.
I wish that I "played" more during the pre-sales test drive and I usually take the cars to a trusted mechanic for a pre-sales inspection. But the salesman bragged about how detailed the service department is with Certified Leafs...
The dealer had "secured" the charger in the service department to "prevent it being stolen". The salesman may have sold the car to me without the charger if I had not insisted on getting it. I hope that the SD card is the same issue when I call the salesman tomorrow to ask about the missing SD card. I just want to have more info when I press my case.

Nissan and even other dealerships seem to have a fetish for keeping Nav SD cards. I don't understand it. Just tell them to either give you the one for your car or buy and program a new one for you. As for there being only one slot, I seem to remember the infotainment unit being changed for 2015 or 2016, and they may have omitted the second slot then.

I am feeling embarrassed. I found the SD card. It was in an envelope in the charger bag. Clearly labeled by abbreviations I didn't put together when I first unpacked the charger.

Interesting that the "updated" navigation system does not give the "No SD card" error.

Thanks for the reply.

When the sales manager was asked about the "missing" charger, he explained that their dealership had problems with theft. Thus the charger being put away while the car was in the lot.
The funny thing is, a few minutes later while killing time, I opened the back of a LEAF that had been in the lot for two weeks. There sat the charger in it's bag.

@SpicyITC I'm assuming you just put the SD card into the slot and turned on the car for it to start working? I just bought a 2016, it has the same symptoms as you describe, but I wasn't lucky enough to find the SD card in the charging bag. I was wondering about ordering a replacement myself and just plugging the sucker in.

Back