Glass fog lamp lens

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducky8888

Hello, I was taking out the trash today and noticed my passenger fog lamp lens is missing on my 2019 SV and there are shards of glass in the open gaping hole. There is zero damage around or in the lamp, the bulb is intact. The car has just under 5000 miles and I am the only one who drives it. Has anyone else had issues with these lenses shattering? This had to have happened while driving. Why are these glass?

Don't matter what kind of glass they use.... You got unlucky and had a rock or an obstacle bust the lens...

It cannot be a "defect".. Just like if you blow a tire over an obstacle.. You are responsible..

Glass lenses is not uncommon, had the same misfortune last winter on my ‘13 CRV. To fix it, found I could get 2 aftermarket sealed LED assemblies with focused polycarbonate lenses on-line for about the same money as 1 Honda OE glass assembly. So opted for aftermarket with very good lighting qualities.

Well, I must just have bad luck cause here it is a few weeks later and something bounced up and smashed through the plastic grille and somehow killed one of the radar sensors which caused all kinds of lights and warnings and alerts.

Back