Switch off the nagging privacy screen at startup time?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betseyReed

Hi all,

I bought the 2019 SV Premium, and every time I start my car I see the privacy terms and conditions nagging me to tap OK or Cancel.

Is there any way to switch this nagging screen off in settings?

Thanks,
Adam

What country are you in? In the US, the nag every time went away w/model year 2013.

I believe I've seen cases (for legal reasons) that there still might be the nag every time in certain countries.

betseyReed said:
Hi all,

I bought the 2019 SV Premium, and every time I start my car I see the privacy terms and conditions nagging me to tap OK or Cancel.

Thanks,
Adam

Someone did invent a hack to "auto ok" the nag screen; I'm not sure if the details were ever shared. By 2013 Nissan had relented on this little bit of absurdity, at least for us. I didn't realize they had kept it going in other areas. Lawyers in Love.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8530

betseyReed said:
The 2011 models all had a mechanical switch by the driver’s left knee to turn this most-annoying-ever “feature” off. The 2012’s left the switch out but theoretically the wiring still exists in the bundle to add one. 2013’s and later models, IIRC, ameliorated this a bit by requiring the nag only once a month or so. So what to do?

2011 - turn off the switch
2012 - live with it, you’re screwed to an ownership lifetime of this idiocy.
2013+ - get LeafSpyPro. There is an option to disable this lawyers’ wet dream, but sadly does not work on 2012’s. I haven’t seen posts about whether this works or doesn’t work with 2019’s...probably a question more apt for the LeafSpy threads in this forum.

My car is of course the 2012...but I’m not bitter at all.

cwerdna said:
^^^
You're talking about the noisemaker. OP's talking about the data privacy crap on the nav system on power up.
Yup, you’re absolutely correct...my bad, and thanks for correcting. I hate ‘em both and mix my loathing equally between VSP and the nav nag request. And I also lied about not being bitter if I’m being honest. So glad my Model 3 has neither.

SalisburySam said:
2013+ - get LeafSpyPro. There is an option to disable this lawyers’ wet dream, but sadly does not work on 2012’s. I haven’t seen posts about whether this works or doesn’t work with 2019’s...probably a question more apt for the LeafSpy threads in this forum

Where is there option on LeafSpyPro? Can anyone share an image please?

SalisburySam said:
2013+ - get LeafSpyPro. There is an option to disable this lawyers’ wet dream, but sadly does not work on 2012’s. I haven’t seen posts about whether this works or doesn’t work with 2019’s...probably a question more apt for the LeafSpy threads in this forum.

Where is that option on LeafSpyPro? Can anyone share an image please?

Back