Illuminated Front Emblem or NOT??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryleaf

Okay, another question. We are going to be ordering our new Leaf on Tuesday. So the question is: Should we opt for the (cool) illuminated front emblem? My wife thinks it is a waste of money ($310). She says, we cannot even see it (!). I think it would be cool. I agree that it is kind of expensive... Thoughts?

The brochure says: "Add some backlit style to your front emblem."

countryleaf said:
Okay, another question. We are going to be ordering our new Leaf on Tuesday. So the question is: Should we opt for the (cool) illuminated front emblem? My wife thinks it is a waste of money ($310). She says, we cannot even see it (!). I think it would be cool. I agree that it is kind of expensive... Thoughts?

The brochure says: "Add some backlit style to your front emblem."
I'm afraid I can think of a lot of things I could get for $300 that I would rather have. Also, you would hardly ever see it yourself, since it will be on while you are driving and you would be inside the car then...

Astros said:
I'm afraid I can think of a lot of things I could get for $300 that I would rather have. Also, you would hardly ever see it yourself, since it will be on while you are driving and you would be inside the car then...

Yeah, that's what my wife says. I see from your signature that you have a 2019 SL Plus, how do you like it? That's what we are planning on ordering. We just sold our 2011 Leaf that we bought new, so this will be quite the upgrade.

And you are from Seattle... Greeting from across the water (Kingston).

The original Leaf is what got me hooked on EVs, but the new version is a major improvement. We got the SL trim since it was $7k off, but we do really like it. Make sure to shop around! There always seems to be one dealer who will sell them for a couple thousand less than anyone else, though which one that is seems to change. Even though they’re across the water from you, I’d recommend at least checking Campbell Nissan and Kirkland Nissan.
As far as the SL trim goes, my wife much prefers the leather seats over the cloth ones, and the around-view camera is really nice. I also strongly recommend ProPilot. It really does make freeway driving less stressful, and it feels safer to have a set of sensors always watching traffic. With the Plus, we were able to drive from Seattle to Vancouver BC at 70-80mph the whole way, and still arrive with plenty of charge to get around the next day. The extra weight and power makes it about 10% less efficient, though.

countryleaf said:
Astros said:

Yeah, that's what my wife says. I see from your signature that you have a 2019 SL Plus, how do you like it? That's what we are planning on ordering. We just sold our 2011 Leaf that we bought new, so this will be quite the upgrade.

And you are from Seattle... Greeting from across the water (Kingston).

Run, don’t walk to buy a Plus. We went from a 2015 SL to a 2018 SV then traded it for a 2019 SL Plus. Range is great. Acceleration if needed is fantastic.

Yesterday we were traveling from our home to our cabin 125 miles away. We decided to reroute to change scenery, and added 40 miles to the trip. When we rerouted we ran into closed roads so with extra range it wasn’t an issue. When we arrived after driving 160 miles at 60-65 mph we had 80 miles of range remaining. No range anxiety.

Here’s the EV app showing full charge this morning.

wmCyTMyl.png

Back