Nissan Drivers Seat Collapsed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery capacity is measured in kWh (kW-hr is also correct), not "kW".

US EPA range rating on the 30 kWh Leaf is 107 miles (https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=37067&id=39860). You will not achieve 107 miles going 70 mph.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=4295 estimates 101 miles on a new battery going 70 mph but a used will have had some degradation. You probably want to allow for some buffer as you don't want to arrive with the car in turtle or stopping dead upon arrival or just slightly before. And, if you have cold or rainy weather, your efficiency and range autonomy will be worse.

Dermiab said:
I'm thinking of buying a 30kW Nissan Leaf in my efforts to be a bit more green and save on road tax and fuel costs. I do however have a bit of "range anxiety." I know the official figure is 155 miles but I am sure that's total twaddle.

I occasionally drive 120 miles to visit our daughter and I was wondering if any members here can give me a realistic everyday range, especially for motorway driving at 70mph.

At 70 mph your battery usage will be about 3.0 miles/kw. Do the math. 120 miles at 3.0 miles/kw takes 40 kW. With a 30 kWh battery your useful capacity will be about 26 kWh.

No way are you going to get 155 or even 120 miles with a 30 kWh Leaf. Even a 40 kWh 2018 or 2019, 120 miles at hwy speeds is only possible at lower speeds and new battery. Even with a new battery 40 kWh Leaf any rain, closed road detour and you will run out of juice.

Now a Leaf Plus with the 62 kWh battery will do a 120 mile Hwy trip very comfortably. .

I know this because I’ve owned all 3 versions and I now do a 125 one way trip at 65 mph from home to our cabin several times a month with our 62 kWh Plus. When we arrive I have 70-90 miles of range left. I have a level 2 charger at the house and the cabin to top off after arriving.

Jerryr said:
At 70 mph your battery usage will be about 3.0 miles/kw. Do the math. 120 miles at 3.0 miles/kw takes 40 kW. With a 30 kWh battery your useful capacity will be about 26 kWh.
You meant miles/kWh. The rest of your unit usage in your post was correct.

Let's try to use the right units to avoid confusion, to teach proper habits and educate those who don't know the difference between kW vs. kWh.

Back