Ice911

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of are not life long swamp creatures worth millions of dollars because we worked in DC decades.
We are not the government they are, don't like, then vote them out.

Plus according to a recent pew research pole voters are more worried about:
Health care costs, drug additction, fake news, our broken political system and violent crime than they are worried about climate change.

You may want to edit that post to make the first part more clear. As for what voters prioritize, they worry about what they are told by those they follow to worry about. If AGW were put in terms like "Your children won't live to be 65" or "Your kids are the last generation of this civilization" they might reorder things a bit.

Well our children won't live to 65 if they get addicted to drugs, can't afford health care, get murdered or if our broken political system goes Venezuela level broke.

So scare them until they are more worried about climate change?
I thought that's precisely what's going on right now and it's obviously not working.
That sounds like you are calling for inducing mass hysteria.

Since drug over dose kills more people than all traffic deaths and all firearms deaths combind I think voters have their properties in order seeing how that's the number one thing voters worry about.

If global warming is going to kill us all then when is global warming going to start killing 20,000 Americans per year?
Maybe that will get people's attention.
(Which happens to be about how many people are killed in violent crimes)

If global warming is going to kill us all then when is global warming going to start killing 20,000 Americans per year?

I'd guess within the next 5-10 years, the way storms are increasing in intensity. Since you don't seem to grasp the difference between self-destructive behavior and being destroyed by one's environment regardless of personal behavior, I'll leave it at that. I sincerely hope that you don't have grand kids.

Funny thing is I was told that " we would see mass deaths in the US from climate with in 10 years" back in 2005 or 2006.

Oilpan4 said:
Well our children won't live to 65 if they get addicted to drugs, can't afford health care, get murdered or if our broken political system goes Venezuela level broke.
Or die in a war.

Oilpan4 said:
So scare them until they are more worried about climate change?
We should be worried about climate change. And aware of the time scale.

Oilpan4 said:
Maybe that will get people's attention.
(Which happens to be about how many people are killed in violent crimes)
Climate change is an important problem, not an urgent problem. Waiting until it start to kill 20,000 Americans a year will be waiting far too long. Civilization will be collapsing not not afterwards.

Americans, being rich, are mostly protected against environmental issues that are lethal to non-Americans. Not completely, see the Camp Fire. And Americans are impacted by other's problems.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2018/10/drought-climate-change-force-guatemalans-migrate-to-us/

Then there is also the problem of 68% of voters are unwilling to pay more than $10 per month to fix global warming.
That tells us the vast majority don't think it's much of aI problem.

I would pay the $10. Be well worth it if it meant I didn't have to hear about it any more.

Oilpan4 said:
Funny thing is I was told that " we would see mass deaths in the US from climate with in 10 years" back in 2005 or 2006.

So we aren't? Or you are simply choosing lay the blame elsewhere?

What propaganda campaign is that?

I think people like aoc, al gore and other man made global warming surrogates do far more damage than any anti global warming campaign could do.

Turns out banning cars, ending air travel and banning all fossil fuel use are not popular among voters.

If the people pushing the new green deal even know what a fossil fuel is.
https://youtu.be/pBOA070FHYw

It must be working.
They convinced queen Nancy that natural gas isn't a fossil fuel.
But I'm really not sure how they pulled that off.

Another 1,000 years or so we will be in another ice age.
So why the hurry to get back into another ice age?
Since the vast majority of the earth's history it has been a ball of ice.
120,000 or so thousand years ago the earth was a lot warmer and the world didn't end.
So why are we freaking out over it warming up a few degrees?

Oilpan4 said:
Another 1,000 years or so we will be in another ice age.
Says who?

Oilpan4 said:
Since the vast majority of the earth's history it has been a ball of ice.
Says who?

Oilpan4 said:
120,000 or so thousand years ago the earth was a lot warmer and the world didn't end.
Ah, something true. We have about a degree to go.
Vostok_Petit_data.svg

Oilpan4 said:
So why are we freaking out over it warming up a few degrees?
Why do you think it will stop after a few degrees?

Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum.

Permian–Triassic extinction event

The world didn't end during the Permian-Triassic as well. Just 99.9+% of all species.

The last half million or so years looks like 10,000 to 20,000 years of lovely warm interglacial and 50,000 to 100,000 years of glacial nearly everyone freezes to death cold.
I would call that mostly icey.

Do you have any actual science showing an experiment and a control proving the world is going to keep getting warmer?
Otherwise it's just an untestable hypothesis and we find out when we get there.

Oilpan4 said:
The last half million or so years looks like 10,000 to 20,000 years of lovely warm interglacial and 50,000 to 100,000 years of glacial nearly everyone freezes to death cold.
I would call that mostly icey.

All_palaeotemps.svg

I'd call that mostly warmer than today.

Oilpan4 said:
Do you have any actual science showing an experiment and a control proving the world is going to keep getting warmer?
Otherwise it's just an untestable hypothesis and we find out when we get there.

You are partly correct. We will not know exactly what happens until we get there.

Want to take a swig of some of this fluid out of an unlabeled bottle? Oh, it might be poison? That is just an untestable hypothesis and we find out when we get there.

It looks like the world has been warmer for the last million years or so until you realize that's a logarithmic scale.
Still clearly shows long periods of ice ages with brief warmups.
That one better demonstrates my point than the one I was going to post. Thank you.

Unless some one invents viable commercial fusion power that any country can build and make all fossil fuel power generation obsolete really soon china and probably india will take us to whatever the magic planet killing CO2 ppm number is.

So the obstacles are:
Majority of voters are unwilling to pay for it, fake news scares people more than global warming and it would appear that people are more afraid of nuclear power than warming.

Oilpan4 said:
It looks like the world has been warmer for the last million years or so until you realize that's a logarithmic scale.
Still clearly shows long periods of ice ages with brief warmups.

We looking at the same graph? From 250 million years ago to 3 million years ago the climate was warmer.

Oilpan4 said:
Unless some one invents viable commercial fusion power that any country can build and make all fossil fuel power generation obsolete really soon china and probably india will take us to whatever the magic planet killing CO2 ppm number is.

And the USA has no part in this? Really??

Co2_emissions_per_capita_our_world_in_data.svg

The planet is safe. We are not.

Oilpan4 said:
So the obstacles are:
Majority of voters are unwilling to pay for it, fake news scares people more than global warming and it would appear that people are more afraid of nuclear power than warming.

Missed a few. Federal flood insurance makes sea coast dwellers feel safe. We are paying for climate change already, $25 billion or so. Should we be subsidizing flood insurance? Sea level is already rising at a foot per century, will likely increase to 6 feet per century or more by 2100. And building up beaches. Costs money to keep dumping sand. Taxpayers fund all of this... And it isn't going to get cheaper.

Fires, drought and floods.. We pay a cost there already. Expect this bill to rise.

Voters are unwilling to pay? Looks like they are already paying, and will pay far more in the future, especially if we don't get greenhouse gas emissions under control.

Back