krox
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:46 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2013
Location: Ukraine

Why the clock is not adjusted?

Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 pm

2018 Nissan Leaf (with navigation system) can not adjust the time! I go to the menu on the central display, to the “clock” setting, adjust the time, time zone - but the clock on the dashboard does not change.
What am I doing wrong?
Imported car from the USA, I am in Ukraine.

powersurge
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Tue May 21, 2019 6:35 am

never mind
Last edited by powersurge on Tue May 21, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

WetEV
Posts: 3152
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Tue May 21, 2019 6:44 am

powersurge wrote:The engineers at Nissan were very generous when they designed the Leaf.....

The gave you TWO clocks... One in the radio, and one on the dash with the speedometer. They must be adjusted separately each time there is a national time change... !!!!!

You adjust the dash clock from the dash buttons to the left of the steering wheel ..
Not in later LEAFs.
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

krox
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:46 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2013
Location: Ukraine

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Tue May 21, 2019 8:32 am

Far from it. When I try to set up the clock on the dashboard, I get the message "to adjust the clock - go to the main central screen" and that's it. And there I tune the time - but it does not change on the dashboard!
There is one more nuance - in our country, Nissan Connect does not work. Maybe because of this?

GlennD
Forum Supporter
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 May 2013
Leaf Number: 410357
Location: Anaheim

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 pm

My Mercedes b250e automatically set the clock. My IoniQ requires me to set it twice a year. It is no big deal since it is only twice a year.. Yes the programmer was lazy. My clocks set it automatically at home. but I can live with manually setting it.
:
2013 Pearl White SL Premium
Traded for a Cirrus White 2014 Mercedes B (totaled)
2016 Urano Gray eGolf SEL w/ drive assist
Loved the VW but it sat too low for my old body
Back to a Cirrus White 2017 B250e
White Ioniq limited.It sits just fine

LeftieBiker
Moderator
Posts: 13268
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018
Location: Upstate New York, US

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Wed May 22, 2019 6:43 pm

It is POSSIBLE that the clock is set by Sirius/XM, and when they are not in range it doesn't set...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
Nubo
Posts: 5401
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Thu May 23, 2019 12:46 am

GlennD wrote:My Mercedes b250e automatically set the clock. My IoniQ requires me to set it twice a year. It is no big deal since it is only twice a year.. Yes the programmer was lazy. My clocks set it automatically at home. but I can live with manually setting it.
UTC is the answer. :)
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

cwerdna
Posts: 9744
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 am

WetEV wrote:
powersurge wrote:The engineers at Nissan were very generous when they designed the Leaf.....

The gave you TWO clocks... One in the radio, and one on the dash with the speedometer. They must be adjusted separately each time there is a national time change... !!!!!

You adjust the dash clock from the dash buttons to the left of the steering wheel ..
Not in later LEAFs.
Yep on what WetEV said.

On my '13 Leaf SV w/premium and my former '13 SV w/both packages, the nav system clock is synced probably by something, probably GPS satellites and less likely cellular network or Sirius XM. There is no way to separately adjust the clock. It is always in sync w/the nav system clock.

I looked at the nav menus and there seems to be no way to override the auto-setting. One can only adjust the offset (in minutes and hours), turn on/off DST and select the time zone. If you chance the offset or toggle DST, both clock change automatically.

The only time zone choices available are Pacific thru Newfoundland. Unclear what happens if the car's taken outside those zones. Will other UI be exposed like other time zones or a manual settings screen?

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

krox
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:46 pm
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2013
Location: Ukraine

Re: Why the clock is not adjusted?

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:21 am

krox wrote:Far from it. When I try to set up the clock on the dashboard, I get the message "to adjust the clock - go to the main central screen" and that's it. And there I tune the time - but it does not change on the dashboard!
There is one more nuance - in our country, Nissan Connect does not work. Maybe because of this?
GPS antenna has been disconnected!

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”