Why the clock is not adjusted?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krox

2018 Nissan Leaf (with navigation system) can not adjust the time! I go to the menu on the central display, to the “clock” setting, adjust the time, time zone - but the clock on the dashboard does not change.
What am I doing wrong?
Imported car from the USA, I am in Ukraine.

powersurge said:
The engineers at Nissan were very generous when they designed the Leaf.....

The gave you TWO clocks... One in the radio, and one on the dash with the speedometer. They must be adjusted separately each time there is a national time change... !!!!!

You adjust the dash clock from the dash buttons to the left of the steering wheel ..

Not in later LEAFs.

Far from it. When I try to set up the clock on the dashboard, I get the message "to adjust the clock - go to the main central screen" and that's it. And there I tune the time - but it does not change on the dashboard!
There is one more nuance - in our country, Nissan Connect does not work. Maybe because of this?

My Mercedes b250e automatically set the clock. My IoniQ requires me to set it twice a year. It is no big deal since it is only twice a year.. Yes the programmer was lazy. My clocks set it automatically at home. but I can live with manually setting it.

GlennD said:
My Mercedes b250e automatically set the clock. My IoniQ requires me to set it twice a year. It is no big deal since it is only twice a year.. Yes the programmer was lazy. My clocks set it automatically at home. but I can live with manually setting it.

UTC is the answer. :)

WetEV said:
powersurge said:
The engineers at Nissan were very generous when they designed the Leaf.....

The gave you TWO clocks... One in the radio, and one on the dash with the speedometer. They must be adjusted separately each time there is a national time change... !!!!!

You adjust the dash clock from the dash buttons to the left of the steering wheel ..

Not in later LEAFs.
Yep on what WetEV said.

On my '13 Leaf SV w/premium and my former '13 SV w/both packages, the nav system clock is synced probably by something, probably GPS satellites and less likely cellular network or Sirius XM. There is no way to separately adjust the clock. It is always in sync w/the nav system clock.

I looked at the nav menus and there seems to be no way to override the auto-setting. One can only adjust the offset (in minutes and hours), turn on/off DST and select the time zone. If you chance the offset or toggle DST, both clock change automatically.

The only time zone choices available are Pacific thru Newfoundland. Unclear what happens if the car's taken outside those zones. Will other UI be exposed like other time zones or a manual settings screen?

krox said:
Far from it. When I try to set up the clock on the dashboard, I get the message "to adjust the clock - go to the main central screen" and that's it. And there I tune the time - but it does not change on the dashboard!
There is one more nuance - in our country, Nissan Connect does not work. Maybe because of this?
GPS antenna has been disconnected!

Did anyone find the solution to this? I'm having the same symptoms.
fyi - I'm not subscribed to Sirius/XM.

I've taken a video of my problem - anyone have any ideas?

Summary:
I'm trying to change the clock to reflect DST
2019 Nissan Leaf
no subscription to Sirius
The driver console settings direct me to the center console settings, but those have no effect.
When the clock widget is turned on, there are no hands on the clock.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/n5bln9-x65M[/youtube]

Thanks!

jensing said:
I've taken a video of my problem - anyone have any ideas?

Summary:
I'm trying to change the clock to reflect DST
2019 Nissan Leaf
no subscription to Sirius
The driver console settings direct me to the center console settings, but those have no effect.
When the clock widget is turned on, there are no hands on the clock.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/n5bln9-x65M[/youtube]

Thanks!
you may want to hit the button where it says display clock so it lights up orange

jensing said:
Did anyone find the solution to this? I'm having the same symptoms.
fyi - I'm not subscribed to Sirius/XM.

Per the 2019 Owners manual it appears you have a "Type C" (whatever that means). Unlike type A and B (whatever that means) it seems the time on your car is strictly set to "auto" mode to get the time from GPS and there is no way to set the time manually. However, the center menu offsets and time zones should work.

The post before yours (with similar problem) suggested the cause was determined to be a disconnected GPS antenna. Your GPS antenna may be disconnected too or possibly you're in a building or location where the vehicle is not receiving a sufficient GPS signal. Try moving the car to an open location with a clear view of the sky and then setting the clock from there. Does your navigation map usually move properly with the car while you're driving?

Back