When does the 2020 model year hit the street. What’s new.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll remove the center console flare (knee torturing device), and add active cooling. If they don't do the second one, they will be seen as insincere in furthering their support for the whole EV advancement and industry.

They also need to make battery packs that retrofit into older cars, at a much more reasonable price.

retrodog said:
They'll remove the center console flare (knee torturing device), and add active cooling. If they don't do the second one, they will be seen as insincere in furthering their support for the whole EV advancement and industry.

They also need to make battery packs that retrofit into older cars, at a much more reasonable price.

So that is your wish list, not what "will" happen....

retrodog said:

I admire your optimism. Of all that, I think there is an outside chance they'll modify the console flare, in a less-than-satisfying way.

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of more USB ports. Maybe offering coulis red again. Different rims.

Active cooling might be good for the brand but doesn’t do much for those of us in cooler climates. Adds more complexity etc.

webeleafowners said:
As per title. When does Nissan switch. July Aug?
In the distant past for non-Leafs, the next model year vehicles would typically start showing up at dealers in late Aug or early Sept. This is for vehicles that aren't released out of cycle/on a weird date.

My former 04 Nissan 350Z was the first one my dealer "delivered". I picked it up new around Labor Day of 2003, on the day there was a massive grand opening sale at Fry's Electronics in Renton, WA. Line to get in went around the side of the building and I think even to the back. There were some great deals and they had surprisingly massive inventory of the cheap items.

I doubt there will be any significant changes and unlikely there'd be any sort of active cooling for the pack for MY 2020.

There was another thread speculating on the 2020 as well and nobody really knows.

My guess is that it won't come out for awhile - I have found no previews anywhere yet.
No news means is probably not close.

And the "plus" model for 2019 only hit stores a few months back didn't it? It seems to be it was late for the standard 2019 model year, so having the 2020 hit stores so soon would be odd.

My guess is Nov to December, maybe even later if there actually are changes.

2018 was the new model year so a mid cycle refresh would likely be 2021 depending on the cycle Nissan follows?

danrjones said:
There was another thread speculating on the 2020 as well and nobody really knows.

My guess is that it won't come out for awhile - I have found no previews anywhere yet.
No news means is probably not close.

And the "plus" model for 2019 only hit stores a few months back didn't it? It seems to be it was late for the standard 2019 model year, so having the 2020 hit stores so soon would be odd.

My guess is Nov to December, maybe even later if there actually are changes.

2018 was the new model year so a mid cycle refresh would likely be 2021 depending on the cycle Nissan follows?

Guess we’ll have to wait and see. We ordered an SL Eplus. Won’t arrive till the new year apparently. Should be interesting.

No convertible option then....

I guess if you are ordering the top trim then options don't matter, but if I did it again I'd probably still go for an SV (i like the fabric in my hot area) with Tech and All weather packages.

Did they require a deposit?

Sounds like it will be pretty similar then if the option packages and trim levels are the same. I'd still think they would update something.

I have noticed near me a dealer starting to mark down their 2019's a bit - 4k off a SL plus model.

danrjones said:
No convertible option then....

I guess if you are ordering the top trim then options don't matter, but if I did it again I'd probably still go for an SV (i like the fabric in my hot area) with Tech and All weather packages.

Did they require a deposit?

Sounds like it will be pretty similar then if the option packages and trim levels are the same. I'd still think they would update something.

I have noticed near me a dealer starting to mark down their 2019's a bit - 4k off a SL plus model.

Yep. A grand but there was a double points option on the credit card so we put down 2 grand.

powersurge said:
retrodog said:

So that is your wish list, not what "will" happen....
This is a speculation thread. That's what you get in a speculation thread.

I was basing my speculation on the items that are most complained about for the existing car. Their sales have taken a beating. They need to either drop the EV line or fix the primary problem/s. I have a tiny little bit of faith that they might do the second.

retrodog said:

I like this as a wish list, but I think it's probably a bad bet as a prediction.

retrodog said:
I was basing my speculation on the items that are most complained about for the existing car. Their sales have taken a beating. They need to either drop the EV line or fix the primary problem/s. I have a tiny little bit of faith that they might do the second.
Re: the bolded part, have they? Do you have some global sales figures for Leaf for 2019 YTD vs. previous years?

Sure, in the US, Model 3 is decimating everyone else in sales but there are plenty of EV markets outside the US besides Nissan having expanded into more markets.
jlsoaz said:
I like this as a wish list, but I think it's probably a bad bet as a prediction.
+1

cwerdna said:
retrodog said:
Re: the bolded part, have they? Do you have some global sales figures for Leaf for 2019 YTD vs. previous years?

Sure, in the US, Model 3 is decimating everyone else in sales but there are plenty of EV markets outside the US besides Nissan having expanded into more markets.
jlsoaz said:
+1
My comments were based on that link in the other forum (TCF). Sorry for the confusion.

Back