LeafSpy Readings Questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GerryAZ said:
Convention is positive for current out of battery (discharging) and negative for current into the battery (charging or regeneration.
I see, so I had it backwards; thanks for the correction. I guessed at negative for discharging as energy is being 'subtracted' from the battery (but obviously 'added' to the load).

I expect current flowing out of the battery *only*, since I've never connected LeafSpy while charging. Yet I see numbers ranging from -0.94A to +1.44A, in 15 days of taking measurements (one per day). I don't understand how I could ever see a negative number there, yet ten of those 15 readings are negative.

Samman said:
(spam content removed)

Your 6 v statement is completely unrelated. Quick charging is like anything else. Perfectly fine when done in moderation. The obvious things to avoid is high SOC while pack is hot or simply letting the pack sit at high SOC at any temperature. Combine the two and the issues multiply.

FYI; the power being sent to the battery during a QC session pales in comparison to power used for acceleration and regen.

The ideology of driving gently is what should be emphasized but that has never gained much attention.

Am I right to assume that the max regen power (and heat generation) is less than the max accel power (and heat generation)? I rarely need to accelerate very fast but I often peg the regen bars. I wonder if I should use the brakes a bit more and regen less....

goldbrick said:
Am I right to assume that the max regen power (and heat generation) is less than the max accel power (and heat generation)? I rarely need to accelerate very fast but I often peg the regen bars. I wonder if I should use the brakes a bit more and regen less....

Your question is not asked correctly.

Max charge power is 50 KW (unless you have 30 kwh or 62 kwh pack) but max regen is about 38 KW in B mode, about 58 KW on E-Pedal.

Motor power max is 80 KW or more.

As far as using brakes more... yeah, that isn't even an option in my book. On extreme mountain descents, maybe but in normal day to day? NEVER

Thought I'd update this thread. Here's my first Leaf Spy screenshot, followed by today's:

BURZRkE.png

n0MkYh3.png

So 1,060 days and 11,187 miles between them. Lost 1.5% SOH in that time. I know there are seasonal fluctuations so can't really read much into that.

Still holding on to that 12th SOH bar!

Back