Official Tesla Model 3 thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesla delivered 77,550 Model 3s globally in Q2 2019, a 421% increase over the 18,440 deliveries in Q2 2018.

Tesla delivered 44,550 Model 3s in the US in Q2 2019 according to the InsideEVs estimate, a growth of 285% over the 15,652 delivered in the US during the same period in 2018.

According to Tesla’s most recent investor Q&A, greater than 90% of these deliveries are from fresh orders and not from the original reservation list.

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q2-2019-vehicle-production-deliveries

Valdemar said:
Vs. 90,700 deliveries in Q4 2018 in fewer markers. The trend is inconclusive at best,

The numbers above are just Model 3. Total deliveries for Q2 2019 including S and X are 95,200, their best quarter for deliveries of all time.

mtndrew1 said:
Valdemar said:
Vs. 90,700 deliveries in Q4 2018 in fewer markers. The trend is inconclusive at best,

The numbers above are just Model 3. Total deliveries for Q2 2019 including S and X are 95,200, their best quarter for deliveries of all time.

I should have paid more attention.

DougWantsALeaf said:
15k a month is a good clip. They are certainly everywhere in Chicago.

How are lines at supercharing stations? I heard some of them are starting to fill up.

I did a trip to the Bay Area and back to LA on Memorial Day and a trip to eastern Arizona and back to LA mid June and there was no waiting.

The 150 kW bump in charger capability and the car’s new ability to pre-conditioning the battery for optimal charging speed as you arrive at the superchargers has really sped up vehicle throughput.

mtndrew1 said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
15k a month is a good clip. They are certainly everywhere in Chicago.

How are lines at supercharing stations? I heard some of them are starting to fill up.

I did a trip to the Bay Area and back to LA on Memorial Day and a trip to eastern Arizona and back to LA mid June and there was no waiting.

The 150 kW bump in charger capability and the car’s new ability to pre-conditioning the battery for optimal charging speed as you arrive at the superchargers has really sped up vehicle throughput.
I wonder if there is not some funny psychology going on: 100 kW just seems like a waste of time when it was 200 - 250 kW.

mtndrew1 said:
Tesla delivered 44,550 Model 3s in the US in Q2 2019 according to the InsideEVs estimate,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, JAN,,,,,,,,,,FEB,,,,,,,,,,MAR,,,,,,,,, APR ,,,,,,,,,,MAY,,,,,,,JUN,,,,,,,JUL,,,,,,,AUG,,,,,SEP,,,,,,OCT,,,,,,NOV,,,,DEC,,,,,,TOTAL
Tesla Model 3* 6,500,,,,,,,,5750,,,,,,10,170,,,,,,10,050,,,,,,,13,950,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,46,425,,,,,Tesla Model 3*

InsideEVs Last update: July 2 @ 5:35 PM ET

June U.S. number?

lorenfb said:
mtndrew1 said:
Tesla delivered 44,550 Model 3s in the US in Q2 2019 according to the InsideEVs estimate,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, JAN,,,,,,,,,,FEB,,,,,,,,,,MAR,,,,,,,,, APR ,,,,,,,,,,MAY,,,,,,,JUN,,,,,,,JUL,,,,,,,AUG,,,,,SEP,,,,,,OCT,,,,,,NOV,,,,DEC,,,,,,TOTAL
Tesla Model 3* 6,500,,,,,,,,5750,,,,,,10,170,,,,,,10,050,,,,,,,13,950,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,46,425,,,,,Tesla Model 3*

June U.S. number?

June is 20,550 Model 3s in the US.

https://insideevs.com/news/357218/tesla-model-3-s-x-sales-june-2019-q2/

The Q2 numbers support an annualized production and delivery rate of ~ 400k currently, so they are on track to reach a rate of 500k cars a year by the end of 2019. Elon is not living up to his reputation of always being over-optimistic in his projections.

In other news, the Nissan LEAF is still in the top 10 in US *EV sales, ahead of stalwarts like the discontinuted Chevy Volt and the (have your ever heard of ?) BMW 530e.

mtndrew1 said:
lorenfb said:
mtndrew1 said:

June U.S. number?

June is 20,550 Model 3s in the US.

https://insideevs.com/news/357218/tesla-model-3-s-x-sales-june-2019-q2/

The latest M3 June at 21,225.

And now for a reality check on the M3 demand:

Q4 2018
U.S. - 63K
ROW - 0

Q1 2019
U.S. - 23k
ROW - 28K

Q2 2019
U.S. - 45K
ROW - 33K

Key Conclusions:

1. M3 U.S. demand in Q2 of 2019 is still down relative to Q4 2018 by 29%.
2. M3 U.S. demand in Q1&Q2 only marginally increased by 8% over Q4 of 2018.
3. Without significant Q3 WW M3 sales increases, the M3 volume will reach a plateau of marginal future growth.
4. Will the increased sales volume (MS/MX/M3) of 32K units over Q1 overcome the GAAP loss per vehicle of $8K
Tesla had in Q1 of 2019? In a few weeks we'll know.

Tesla accounted for ~ 85% of BEV sales in the USA in June.
I'm losing hope in a healthy EV ecosystem developing anytime soon.

uc

SageBrush said:
Tesla accounted for ~ 85% of BEV sales in the USA in June.
I'm losing hope in a healthy EV ecosystem developing anytime soon.

Totally agree! Few here on MNL would, though.

https://insideevs.com/news/358195/video-tesla-model-3-minor-repair-ridiculous/ (TFL guys) are having a terribly long wait to get a "fender bender" repaired. They got their estimate on April 18th and still have no car. It looks like it's going to be another 2 weeks + the time it'll take to get the rear glass installed (which got broken by the repair place in the process).

FWIW, a guy at my work who got into some accident w/his P3D (his fault, he'd rather not talk about the details and I'm not going to press him) is past 3 months his car has been out of his hands for repair, seemingly spending much of its time waiting for parts. It sounded serious enough that (IIRC), he needed to have it shipped via flatbed.

At a previous check (within the past two weeks), the body shop completed the work and said it "drives funny" and sent to Tesla. Tesla says it'll need some multi-kilobuck part and his insurance is balking asking if it really needs it.

It looks like they just dropped the price on the dual motor versions and made the white paint standard.

A white Model 3 performance is now "just" $55k... not a bad deal at all considering what you get, especially in states with additional $$ incentives.

golfcart said:
It looks like they just dropped the price on the dual motor versions and made the white paint standard.

A white Model 3 performance is now "just" $55k... not a bad deal at all considering what you get, especially in states with additional $$ incentives.
If I didn't already have my car I would be salivating over 310 mile, AWD, 4.4 Sec (0-60) for $48k before eligible tax credits.

golfcart said:

Can't be a weak demand problem, right? It's just Elon's consumer benevolence.

lorenfb said:
golfcart said:

Can't be a weak demand problem, right? It's just Elon's consumer benevolence.
Back to trolling, I see.

How about:
1. price reduction to match tax credit reduction
2. passing on lower production costs to fuel next increase in production.

Back