Recall 19055 - prompt response please

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueC56

I'm looking at possibly buying a LEAF that has a recall listed on it's Autocheck report:

MANUFACTURER RECALL
RECALL P9312
LEAF BATTRY PLATE NTB19055
LOCATE YOUR NEAREST AUTHORIZED
NISSAN DEALER TO SCHEDULE REPAIR.

it is dated 7/9/19

Anyone have any more information about this recall?

Thanks

Sue C

So this is a recall and not an SB? Well, I have yet to hear about it but did call for service on my LEAF a bit ago and was also told it was available... I tried to Google info on it but got nothing...

My VIN (2017 SV) brought up this:

Service Campaign
EARTH PLATE
Effective Date: July 09, 2019
Nissan ID: P9312
Details

Subject of Campaign
2011-2019 Nissan LEAF Lithium-ion Battery Bonding Plate Replacement

Summary
Due to a manufacturing issue, which has since been corrected, certain 2011-2019 LEAF vehicles' lithium-ion battery bonding plates may not meet Nissan internal standards.

Risk
Vehicles without lithium-ion battery bonding plate replacement may corrode. Plates in areas where road salt is used extensively could potentially break.

Remedy
Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on these affected vehicles. Dealers will replace the lithium-ion battery bonding plate and mounting bolts with updated parts.

My leaf is going to dealer next week -- anyone have any idea how long or involved this service is?
It sounds pretty quick but i guess i really have no idea!

https://nna.secure.force.com/recall?camp=P9312
NISSAN Voluntary Service Campaign
Subject of Campaign
2011-2019 Nissan LEAF Lithium-ion Battery Bonding Plate Replacement
Summary
Due to a manufacturing issue, which has since been corrected, certain 2011-2019 LEAF vehicles' lithium-ion battery bonding plates may not meet Nissan internal standards.
Risk
Vehicles without lithium-ion battery bonding plate replacement may corrode. Plates in areas where road salt is used extensively could potentially break.
Remedy
Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Service Campaign on these affected vehicles. Dealers will replace the lithium-ion battery bonding plate and mounting bolts with updated parts.

Make sure they have the parts - my dealership didn't, when I went there on Friday for regular scheduled service.

They said I may need to leave it overnight; it was about 1.5 hrs before closing.

I have an appointment scheduled for Thurs, July 25th, and will call the dealer Wednesday to make sure the parts are in stock. I will post an update when it's completed to let everyone know what was involved and how long the service takes.

Had the recall performed today. Dealer ordered parts Saturday and performed service following Tuesday. This is the first one they have done, so they kept the car most of the day. Dropped off at 7 and picked up at 4. They knew I planed to pick up at 4 so probably didn't get in a hurry.

They said it took them a couple of hours. Very non eventful.

same here, had the recall done, i got a call by 9 am that the car was ready for pickup, so must be a relatively simple procedure.

Had mine done at Puyallup Nissan. They said one hour 45 mins to 2 hours. I told them I was in a hurry so they did it in one hour and 12 mins. If you are in the Puget Sound region, Have Aaron McAfee do it. He is the best.

FYI; they also did the Rapidgate update as well :)

Just had mine done and the procedure took about 15-20 minutes- the dealer’s service bays are open and fully visible so I watched. I also had the annual battery check done so the whole process took about 45 minutes.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Had mine done at Puyallup Nissan. They said one hour 45 mins to 2 hours. I told them I was in a hurry so they did it in one hour and 12 mins. If you are in the Puget Sound region, Have Aaron McAfee do it. He is the best.

FYI; they also did the Rapidgate update as well :)

WHAT?!?!?! So the rapidgate update IS available in the US? hhmmm... everytime I have asked, they act like they never have heard of it! For a 2018 leaf in California.
Please tell me more!
Thanks.

Well, Well, Well... from what I have read after posting, it IS available FINALLY!
I will be calling Nissan to get the update!
First I will get the firmware versions from my Jan 2018 leaf so I can see what was updated. I do have a little DCFC info from leafspy, but haven't used FC much at all.
Also from what I read, the regen is a little more agressive and that is one thing I wanted to see also.... we'll see though.
The only time I really need the rapidgat fix is when I go see my Dad and have to FC a couple of times. One pretty long and then a top up. but by the time of the topup, the FC has been dropped to about 20Kw, and that kills it for me.
We'll see what happens though!

Back