Leaf Size

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called my Leaf Certified Nissan dealer and asked them. They say it is very close to being the same size as the Versa.

Agree, nice graphic, I assumed that the Leaf was smaller than Prius. Any idea on the interior width compared to Prius?

efusco said:
Agree, nice graphic, I assumed that the Leaf was smaller than Prius. Any idea on the interior width compared to Prius?

Here we go. I'll update the sheet if I get more specs.

Good stuff...thought I knew about this car, but didn't appreciate how close it's dimensions were to Prius.
Still interested in an interior cargo and passenger space comparison if you find it.

Excellent news and I love the graphic! It looks like I will be able to fit more stuff in than I thought. The cargo area is quite deep, but I was concerned about the length as we often cart around photography equipment in the Prius.

The Prius uses some of the cargo volume for a spare tire.

I suspect the Leaf does not have a spare, right?

Also, it will be interesting to see how the back seat folds down in the Leaf.

Dav said:
The Leaf should have a standard compact spare. I can't imagine a "real" production vehicle without one. The RAV4-EV moved the spare from the rear door to where the mufflers would have been.

I will admit I couldn't find it in the specs, though: http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/specs/FeaturesAndSpecs.pdf
you may be correct about the Leaf, I haven't heard. But times they are a changin', The PHV Prius won't have a spare, I don't think the Volt does either.

Apparently the 2010 Prius raised the roof over the driver's head about an inch or so.
That, combined with its new 2010 feature of being able to LOWER the driver seat an inch or two, provides significantly more headroom for the driver.

Having no sunroof and using the seat all the way down allows me to fit comfortably in the 2010 Prius, where the 2009 would have been ... a bit too snug, I believe (but I have never been in one).

The Leaf may have 6-way adjustment of the driver seat, it is not clear how far DOWN it can go, and how the maximum headroom compares.

Answering the earlier question on the back seats folding down. The video at the The SUn in the UK showed the back seats folding down, but the depth of the hatchback well left what appeared to be about 4 inches of difference between the flat surface of the hatchback floor and the flat surface of the folded down seat backs. Not a big deal for me, but a little different than the usual configuration.

If the rear seat backs fold forward, it would appear that the cargo space "floor" is over a foot lower. Maybe the UK model has a spare tire down there, which raises the apparent "floor"?

garygid said:
Apparently the 2010 Prius raised the roof over the driver's head about an inch or so.
That, combined with its new 2010 feature of being able to LOWER the driver seat an inch or two, provides significantly more headroom for the driver.

Having no sunroof and using the seat all the way down allows me to fit comfortably in the 2010 Prius, where the 2009 would have been ... a bit too snug, I believe (but I have never been in one).

The Leaf may have 6-way adjustment of the driver seat, it is not clear how far DOWN it can go, and how the maximum headroom compares.
I'd have to check, but I don't think there's much if any more room for the driver's head in the 2010 compared to the 2004-2009 (heretofore "2G Prius"), but they did change the slope of the roof slightly giving more headroom for the back seat passengers...which was an issue previously.

The 2010 driver seat going down almost 2 inches is the single most significant feature.
But, I was told the roof was also raised about an inch ... by a sales person.

Perhaps only the rear roof was raised, and they made the driver seat go down?

Back