coming LEAF versions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odelld1

All things being equal -is it "better" to wait for the 2020 release of the 65KWh version (maybe called "LEAF+" ) it may have 200 + miles range -or would the 2019 "halfway house" upgrade to 40KWH be a better option i.e. its available now & still attracts the Government subsidy -how long will that last ? What do you think. My fear is that if we buy the 40KWH version -then by 2020 /2021 we'll have wished we had waited for the more meaningful upgrade to 65KWh.

What country are you in? Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

There is no 65 kWh Leaf. 62 kWh Leaf Plus has been shipping for a littile while in the US. US EPA range rating is 215 or 226 miles, depending on trim level: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=41276&id=41277.

odelld1 said:
All things being equal -is it "better" to wait for the 2020 release of the 65KWh version (maybe called "LEAF+" ) it may have 200 + miles range -or would the 2019 "halfway house" upgrade to 40KWH be a better option i.e. its available now & still attracts the Government subsidy -how long will that last ? What do you think. My fear is that if we buy the 40KWH version -then by 2020 /2021 we'll have wished we had waited for the more meaningful upgrade to 65KWh.

I suggest that you research the car a bit more. There is a 40kwh Leaf with about 150 miles of range, and a 62kwh version with more horsepower and about 215 miles of range (slightly more in base S trim). As Cwerdna wrote, it all depends on your range needs, and also on whether or not you plan to use Quick Charging often. If so, the 62kwh version would be more appropriate, as the 40kwh pack doesn't quick charge as well.

Thanks for reply. We have another older petrol car so we don't charge much away from house -we're too old /nervous -but I have friends/relatives who live about 150 to 200 miles away & it would be good to visit them in one charge. Does anyone know if the Government subsidy for EV (about £ 1500 for LEAF) might be under threat if austerity gets even harder ?

Keep in mind that this is a North American leaf forum. There are some UK members, and some Canadians who may be able to help, but you may have to find the subsidy answer elsewhere.

As for your range needs, the 40kwh Leaf can generally do one QC (quick charge) session per day at or near the advertised rate of charge. It slows down charging substantially as it heats up with more than one charge. The 40kwh Leaf seems to me to be adequate for your needs if you are willing to make one 1 hour stop on that longest trip. Otherwise you'd want a 62kwh Leaf.

LeftieBiker said:
Now I'm off to bed for the day. I wrestled a generator last night, and that isn't my favorite sport.
Thanks for the chuckle. Is generator wrestling a thing in the NE? Never heard of it down south but we do have alligator wrestling for those vying for Darwin awards.

The 200+lb dual fuel gen lives in the garage, along with two "20lb" propane tanks. The connection port on the house is on the front porch, a 150+' walk away. It has wheels, but is still hard to move. When I can get some help it will move onto the front porch. I'm also planning, if I get approval from my housemate, to replace the sump pump UPS with a 200AH, 1250/3750 system that will also run the fridge and freezer, plus a fan upstairs. That will eliminate the need for the gen in ~6 hour outages like last night.

I am not sure that this is the right thread, but here would by my wish list for the 2020 version.

1. Rear vents for AC
2. Thermal battery mgmt
3. Better fabric for SV model (its junky for a mid tier non-leather)
4. Removed rear bump by feet for 5th seat.
5. Eco+ mode (and Sport Mode) to help tweak efficiency
6. Auto-sensing wipers
7. Memory on electric seat.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I have the weather package.

It has rear "underseat" heating ducts. No AC ducts (that I can find).

Set the ventilation to "floor" and press the A/C button. Voila! Cold feet. I assume then that you mean ducts mounted on the front seat backs, or on the interior sides, higher up?

Back