Fenix Power - Took money and but never delivered

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeftieBiker said:
cwerdna said:
LeftieBiker said:
Part of your problem is that you didn't actually get a Lizard battery. Your battery was replaced so soon that the Lizard pack was not yet in production. If you were lucky you got a Wolf (4/2013-2014) battery, but it's possible you got another Canary pack like your original. Did the replacement hold up any better?
Dsh probably got a lizard pack given what http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17168&p=374490 says and its date.

Well, now I'm confused. I thought the Lizard pack went into production late Summer or early Fall of 2014. How did they get them into 2015 cars for sale in...June?

Because the 2014 MY was one of the shortest in automotive history. I think that was partially due to the Lizard pack. I might be off a month, but MY 2014 started Dec 2013 and ran to June 2014.

Also since packs are batch processed and that processing time is significant, its possible late 2014's also got Lizard packs.

dsh said:
Yes, it was definitely the more heat resistant Lizard pack, which lasted about 5 years before hitting 8 capacity bars vs. 3 years for the original pack.

dsh;
Was there any "warranty" information received on your replacement pack? Was it based on a restart of both date/time and mileage for degradation; date/time for defects, or clearly stated no warranty of any type?

The only such information on my replacement was the dealer invoice => "12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first".

What has irked me is when there are folks suggesting that some model year '14's, esp. ones at the very end of model year '14 have "lizard" packs. They could, but AFAIK, we've never gotten any confirmation of that from Nissan and the little degradation evidence we have of those cars (IIRC) suggests they don't. The suggestion to me seems more like wishful thinking.

I think that this is what I was half-remembering last night. Hopefully it was. Sorry, Cwerdna.

Regarding warranty:

If Nissan replaces a battery under warranty, the warranty on the new pack is just the remainder of the original warranty. I think there is a minimum of 12 months, 12,000 miles if that is longer than the remainder of the original warranty. Replacement packs which are purchased by the owner should have new warranty equal to original warranty for that size pack, I.e. 5 years, 60,000 miles capacity and 8 years, 100,000 miles defect for 24 kWh or 8 years, 100,000 miles for 30 kWh and larger (both capacity and defect) from date/mileage of installation.

GerryAZ said:
Regarding warranty:

If Nissan replaces a battery under warranty, the warranty on the new pack is just the remainder of the original warranty. I think there is a minimum of 12 months, 12,000 miles if that is longer than the remainder of the original warranty. Replacement packs which are purchased by the owner should have new warranty equal to original warranty for that size pack, I.e. 5 years, 60,000 miles capacity and 8 years, 100,000 miles defect for 24 kWh or 8 years, 100,000 miles for 30 kWh and larger (both capacity and defect) from date/mileage of installation.

This is 100% correct. I believe the 1 year warranty minimum is only for defects, not capacity. That is, if your pack is replaced 3 months before warranty expiration, the new pack will have a 1 year defects only warranty.

My replacement pack was supposedly installed around 3-5 years ago (2 years in NYC,NY+? years in Houston, TX), and supposedly a lizard pack. I bought it at 87% SOH (12 bars) and over the past 6 months it's risen to 89% SOH.

1) Is it expected that level 1 charging causes the SOH to rise?
2) Is there a way to check if the pack is Lizard or Wolf?

My "Lizard" replacement pack shows substantial variability in amp-hours, SOH and HX with seasonal changes - that is quite repeatable. This year so far, the lowest SOH was 83.5% in March and the highest was 87.1% in late June.

The latest amp-hour chart (SOH and HX will show similar trends):

Battery log 6.30.19.jpg

Marktm said:
dsh said:
Yes, it was definitely the more heat resistant Lizard pack, which lasted about 5 years before hitting 8 capacity bars vs. 3 years for the original pack.

dsh;
Was there any "warranty" information received on your replacement pack? Was it based on a restart of both date/time and mileage for degradation; date/time for defects, or clearly stated no warranty of any type?

The only such information on my replacement was the dealer invoice => "12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first".

Marktm,
For the replacement Lizard pack, there was not any restart of both date/time and mileage for capacity degradation. It only had the 12 months, 12,000 miles parts replacement warranty.

dsh said:
Marktm said:
dsh said:

dsh;

Marktm,
For the replacement Lizard Pack which was replaced for free thanks to the Class Action Lawsuit, there was not any restart of both date/time and mileage for capacity degradation. You only had whatever remaining Capacity Warranty was left and the the 12 months, 12,000 miles parts replacement warranty.

Looks like someone on Reddit just received a battery change for 8K. 24 —> 50KW

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/ck1zef/1st_successful_paid_customer_battery_change_from/

DougWantsALeaf said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/ck1zef/1st_successful_paid_customer_battery_change_from/

Good morning Doug.

Doug I’m not sure I understand. Was this a Nissan change or an aftermarket company.

John

webeleafowners said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

Good morning Doug.

Doug I’m not sure I understand. Was this a Nissan change or an aftermarket company.

John
These folks
https://www.facebook.com/ve.simonandre/

A 40 kWh pack was installed

SageBrush said:
webeleafowners said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

Good morning Doug.

John
These folks
https://www.facebook.com/ve.simonandre/

A 40 kWh pack was installed

Good morning Sagebrush. Thank you. Interesting.

Interesting and exciting. I know the car companies hope to use the cell phone model (by making the battery not easily changeable) thus hoping you will buy a new and more expensive phone every few years. We need upgradable batteries as the car mechanics can then be reused as the batteries improve. It would actually be a great way for car dealers to get back some service revenue.

LeftieBiker said:
Would someone please summarize? I'm not on Facebook.

Leftie:

I didn't use facebook either, but this place swapped a 40kWh pack from a wrecked 2018 into a 24 kWh Leaf and the instrumentation shows the correct range and charge %. The cost was $10k CAD, which is around $7k USD.
https://ve.simonandre.ca/

Apparently they only have it working for 2011/2012 as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back