Noise accelerate/decelerate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoogunman

Noise just started today (I think or I never noticed) and I first noticed it while the A/C was on. Upon acceleration and/or deceleration, there is a very slight "motor" noise (or think of a wheel bearing going bad type noise where it matches accelerate/decelerate) that increases/decreases while accelerating/decelerating. I turned off the A/C and it seemed to stop, but then I noticed it again even after the A/C was switched off, but it wasn't nearly as loud. 2015 S with around 44K.

could be wheel bearing. I had to get one of the wheel bearings replaced after only 7,500 miles. It was a noticeable hum when I would reach speeds over 40 mph.

dwnhlbikr said:
Found out today that it is a bearing in the inner trans-axle.
is that the bearing mounted to the transmission..? how much did they charge for that?

I started noticing a noise at low speeds on my 2019 Leaf SV. It seems to only occur when the outside temperature is near or below freezing (0C or 32F) and the heater is on. It as if I am hearing the electrical heater (I thought I read somewhere that the Leaf stops using the heat pump at about the freezing point), but that wouldn't explain why the noise stops when I come to a stop, and I can't see why an electrical heater would make more noise than a heat pump.

Is this normal? Any thoughts?

Back