Costs of Climate Change Denial Start to Roll In

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't care what you guys think. On this site, I often like to make controversial statements to shake the tree, and you seem to love to demean other's ideas. It would be so simple to just either say, "Mmm Interesting ideas", or just let it pass without commenting...

I see that you are both closed minded people who do not allow alternate free thinking. You appear to like your ingrained opinions.

I DO object to the fact that you think you have the authority to criticize or even knock down other people's opinions, no matter how unusual or different they may be.

That is, you have very poor social skills, and the other members should be aware of this. :)

powersurge said:
I really don't care what you guys think. On this site, I often like to make controversial statements to shake the tree, and you seem to love to demean other's ideas. It would be so simple to just either say, "Mmm Interesting ideas", or just let it pass without commenting...

I see that you are both closed minded people who do not allow alternate free thinking. You appear to like your ingrained opinions.

I DO object to the fact that you think you have the authority to criticize or even knock down other people's opinions, no matter how unusual or different they may be.

That is, you have very poor social skills, and the other members should be aware of this. :)

Don't let someone who burns natural gas for home heat lecture you on environmentalism.

powersurge said:
On this site, I often like to make controversial statements
As in, calling yourself a "scientist? "
Or spouting FUD ?
Or spouting BS ?

Do not expect that crap to pass without comment.

Oilpan4 said:
Don't let someone who burns natural gas for home heat lecture you on environmentalism.
I'll let you in on a dirty secret: that person also exhales CO2 when they breathe.

powersurge said:
...Do not be fooled by the media's red herring of "climate change", as that is their attempt to have license for the government to control us. ...

Is that an evidence-based opinion?

Nubo said:
powersurge said:
...Do not be fooled by the media's red herring of "climate change", as that is their attempt to have license for the government to control us. ...

No, but I know that the low hanging fruit of petroleum has been depleted. In the next 50 years, petroleum consumption will continue to increase exponentially, and cheap petroleum will disappear. At that point we will be be squeezing every drop of oil from tar sands for mucho $$$.

That’s not how supply and demand works.

Low hanging fruit has not been exhausted. We can see that in the price of oil these days.

Although most people do not give the environment serious consideration nor other external costs, they are quite sensitive to their internal costs.

Therefore as carbon free/renewable energy source prices and storage continue to expand and become more competitive, and when/if the price of oil increases to the consumer, the consumers will ultimately make the right choice based on their own economics.

However unfortunately that day is not quite yet here. Some are getting it already.

powersurge said:
Nubo said:
powersurge said:

No, but I know that the low hanging fruit of petroleum has been depleted. In the next 50 years, petroleum consumption will continue to increase exponentially, and cheap petroleum will disappear. At that point we will be be squeezing every drop of oil from tar sands for mucho $$$.
Ok, I'll follow the red herring.
Conventional petroleum can be cheap, $3 per barrel, can be more depending on details. Offshore, smaller fields and such raise costs a lot.

Unconventional petroleum:
For $30 per barrel or more, "Tight oil" requires things like horizontal drilling and fracturing. There is about twice to four times as much "tight oil" as conventional oil.

Put an actual cost on tar sands: about $60 per barrel, can be more depending on details.

Also consider the cost of coal to liquids. About $150, again more depending on details. Enough coal for thousands of years at current rates, and many hundreds of years even with continued growth.

$6 gasoline doesn't end civilization, but it would make EVs a lot more attractive.

Climate change might end civilization.

Blaming climate change on the Chinese or the media is just lame.

WetEV said:
Blaming climate change on the Chinese or the media is just lame.
You misunderstand him.
He "thinks" climate change is a hoax, sometimes foisted on the world by the Chinese and at other times by the 'liberal' media for their own dastardly reasons.

You are reading the ravings of a conspiracy theorist, mostly regurgitated from Trump.

I guess we are not doing climate change any more. Every summer I hear how much ice melted somewhere, how hot it was or how important the permafrost is. Not this year, not a peep.

Here is a good one.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/high-temperatures-set-off-major-greenland-ice-melt-again/

That's 2 years in a row. Silence.

I have been saying that the climate change movement would be dead by 2021 or 2022.

Year to year variations aren't very instructive, as weather varies year to year. Trends over decades tell the real story, and it's not good:

https://phys.org/news/2020-08-underestimated-pace-arctic.html

Info wars is dumb. I like fake news cnn.
The climate change movement is definitely on pause, I went and checked a bunch of other climate change posts I watch and/or troll around the internet and only a few have had postings since the the start of trumpvirus hysteria.
I seeded some of them, they will spring back to life for like a week then go silent again.
To quote a sith lord: "just let it die".

Sith, eh? Here I though you were Russian.

Speaking of Russia:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/147083/another-intense-summer-of-fires-in-siberia

Back