2019 "60 kWh" Leaf e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected. I wonder where I got that idea from. I had in my head it came with a sunroof...but I think that was a fiction of my own mind.

Any way, from a few posts earlier, the 134 miles was from Lafayette to north suburb. I started with 58% power on the dash and ended with 1% between low battery and very low battery. Leafspy thought I had plenty to go.

I think Tesla keeps 5 to 10 miles below 0% as well, was watching a couple videos of Teslanomics.

There was an article by Green Report that stated there would be one but they were wrong.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122172_tesla-model-3-standard-range-vs-nissan-leaf-plus-what-you-get-for-your-money

From the above "report":

All Model 3s also include a glass roof, which would require a $6,000 upgrade to an SL on a Leaf Plus. The Leaf SL (Plus or not) has a smaller, conventional power-opening moonroof, so it’s not exactly the same.

"Journalism" like this is why I try to avoid reading reviews on websites.

DougWantsALeaf said:
So I tried it on my quick charge after I got back from Indiana. The wind was blowing, so I felt like having it open may have directed some airflow into and under the car.

I did add 20% charge with only a 6 degree battery temp increase, which was pretty good and less than my other QCs. Now the QC was running only at about 35-37 KW (which now feels like forever compared to the 70 KW at the other one in town, but this one at the dealer ship was free).

Not enough data to tell anything substantial.

Before the rapid charge SW update, this was typical behavior on my LEAF on 2nd or 3rd charge. Slow fast charge, small increase in temps. I get it but not what I paid for. I have yet to test the new SW and I expect to get pretty warm but at least I will be able to spend the expected time to charge.

Dave,

This fast charger is not usually much faster than what I reported. My temps were only around 105F to start, which is where I was at when charging at 60-70KW at the EA charger.

I was just reporting that the rate of increase felt a little less, but I wouldn't take much stock in 1 data point.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Dave,

This fast charger is not usually much faster than what I reported. My temps were only around 105F to start, which is where I was at when charging at 60-70KW at the EA charger.

I was just reporting that the rate of increase felt a little less, but I wouldn't take much stock in 1 data point.

Well Nissan just announced they will partner with EVGO to build a bunch of 100 KW stations (dual format no less... playing both sides now are we?) and here's to hoping a bunch come to our neighborhoods.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I am hoping they put them strategically across the major trans-US routes to compliment the EA chargers (and hopefully create some competition to maintain reliability).

Problem with that is outlying areas get missed. We have that issue in WA now. WA has a lot of tourism stuff that is "out there" and not on the way to anything (Fact of life when you live in the corner) so they are not labeled as "corridors" and other than Tesla, are all but ignored.

The WA Coast barely has "any" L2's much less QC's. We have the only rainforest in the contiguous US and its all but inaccessible. We do have good coverage in the Puget Sound region, the Cascades and I-90 but get off the "corridors" and you are screwed.

DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I am hoping they put them strategically across the major trans-US routes to compliment the EA chargers (and hopefully create some competition to maintain reliability).

Problem with that is outlying areas get missed. We have that issue in WA now. WA has a lot of tourism stuff that is "out there" and not on the way to anything (Fact of life when you live in the corner) so they are not labeled as "corridors" and other than Tesla, are all but ignored.

The WA Coast barely has "any" L2's much less QC's. We have the only rainforest in the contiguous US and its all but inaccessible. We do have good coverage in the Puget Sound region, the Cascades and I-90 but get off the "corridors" and you are screwed.

And the Oregon Coast only has Chademo and Level 2. You cannot take a road trip along the Oregon Coast or to the Oregon Coast and expect to quick charge if you drive car with CCS.

I was actually looking at the map on the PlugShare App this morning and was surprised to see the lack of chargers on the Washington Olympic peninsula.

Yup, after 6 years with our Leaf we still can't drive to any CCS or Chademo site, even with the Bolt or Leaf + our closest is Milwaukee, nothing across the middle or nothern Wisconsin, but Superchargers are there and soon to be even across the UP of Michigan.

It is just out of range of my Leaf, but yes a Leaf + could make it, but then to get to Minneapolis I would have to go 90 miles south to Madison and them 90 miles back north west. I thought about taking the Leaf to MWREF last year, but would have to stay under 40 mph to make it or sit at a level two a couple of hours. :)

Yeah, I have a plus and was looking at routes from Green Bay (being a proper Packer fan) to Minneapolis, and that stop made it workable.

With a 24 or 30 kWh Leaf, there is no easy solution.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Yeah, I have a plus and was looking at routes from Green Bay (being a proper Packer fan) to Minneapolis, and that stop made it workable.

With a 24 or 30 KW Leaf, there is no easy solution.
You mean 24 or 30 kWh? There are no 24 or 30 "KW" Leafs. 24 and 30 kWh Leafs have 80 kW motors.

Tortoisehead77 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
DougWantsALeaf said:

And the Oregon Coast only has Chademo and Level 2. You cannot take a road trip along the Oregon Coast or to the Oregon Coast and expect to quick charge if you drive car with CCS.

I was actually looking at the map on the PlugShare App this morning and was surprised to see the lack of chargers on the Washington Olympic peninsula.

LOL!!! and people have the nerve to ask me why I didn't get a Bolt :lol:

Does the US SL version of the Leaf/Plus have a “camera” button on right side of the road infotainment system? Watching a German video and they appear to be able to bring up the cameras while driving.

Also, any word if the auto parallel park system is coming to the US?

DougWantsALeaf said:
Does the US SL version of the Leaf/Plus have a “camera” button on right side of the road infotainment system? Watching a German video and they appear to be able to bring up the cameras while driving.

Also, any word if the auto parallel park system is coming to the US?

Although auto park wouldn’t be important for me my wife would like to see it. Not expecting it on our 2020 though.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Does the US SL version of the Leaf/Plus have a “camera” button on right side of the road infotainment system?
Yes

DougWantsALeaf said:
Watching a German video and they appear to be able to bring up the cameras while driving.
The camera button is disabled while driving on mine. Also I've turned it on at a red light, it auto-offs when I start moving.

I would like it enabled, I've been in other models that have side view cameras enabled while driving.

Back