2018 vs. 2019 supercharging question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I have a 2018 SL.
While at the dealer yesterday I noticed a 2019 SL Plus being charged.
It was being charged with the L2 charger.
I also noticed the supercharger port, it had different writing on the cover than the one in my car.
Is that super charger port the same as the one in my 2018 SL?

Baltneu said:
I have a 2018 SL.
While at the dealer yesterday I noticed a 2019 SL Plus being charged.
It was being charged with the L2 charger.
I also noticed the supercharger port, it had different writing on the cover than the one in my car.
Is that super charger port the same as the one in my 2018 SL?

They both use the same L3 DC quick chargers but the Leaf Plus can charge at a higher rate than the standard 40kWh Leaf (if the station can handle it).

As an aside, I wouldn't call it "supercharger" or some of the Tesla folks will get worked up because the supercharger network is Tesla... the Leaf uses a DC quick charging method called CHAdeMO. You can read more about it below or do a search on the forum and there are lots of threads.

https://www.chademo.com/

And to further last, Supercharging is a form of DC or direct current fast charging. The three forms of DC fast charging are.

1. Chademo (used by your Leaf and a couple other brands including Tesla if they use an adapter.

2. CCS/SAE (used by bolts, Etron, Ipace and others as well as Tesla in Europe with an adapter)

3. Supercharging (used exclusively by Tesla).

Back