What was Your SOH on Delivery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrodog

I'm picking up a new 2019 SV in the next day or two. They have to drive it from Austin to Houston. They waited until we were halfway through the buying process before sharing that tidbit with me. They had already let me test drive another SV but I wanted to get the one they had listed with the Tech and Weather packages. Anyway... I plan to run LeafSpy on it when I go in to take delivery of it. What kind of numbers are typical for a "new" vehicle? It's the standard 40 kwh version.

I'll have to look back in the 40kwh Leaf topic, but you can too. I think it was a bit over 99.6. Don't expect 100%, but do expect at least 99.0, unless it's been sitting at 100% SOC for months. My car was also driven a few hundred miles before I got it.

EDIT: it was 99.59% on delivery.

2019 SL Plus read 98.96% the day after I picked it up. That reading was after the first charge which was done after driving the 40 miles home from the dealership. I suspect that the dealership did a DC Quick charge right before I picked it up but t didn’t check it until I got home. It shows 2 QCs. One was initial test at manufacture and the other was at the dealership before I picked it up.

After owning it for 6 days driving it 200 miles and a few L1/L2 charges amazingly it jumped UP to 99.84%.

7KydmIrl.jpg

jT8IysFl.jpg

Thanks guys. Wasn't sure what to expect. I traded in my 2015 S that I got about 2.6 years ago. It still had 85.7 SOH when I last checked it. The dealership had purchased it originally and used it as a loaner, but only had 77 miles on it. The problem was that it had sat on their lot in the hot Houston sun for over a year, approximately. I think it was around 88% when I got it. Chances are high that they didn't take proper care of it while at their dealership.

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow. They loaned me a Rogue, which isn't very impressive, but it's got the tech package with propilot so I've been testing that out... in preparation for getting mine. Quite impressive.

When I bought my 2015 it had sat on Hot South Florida lots for almost a full year before I bought it. When I got it , it had a SOH of 94% when I picked it up. Almost 3 years later it was at 85.52% when I traded it in and it was still showing 12 bars.

My 2018 40 kWh SV was showing 98.62% when I got it.

My current 2019 SV Plus 62 kWh is showing 99.84% less than a month old.

These are great cars. The only time it required warranty service was my 2018 with a bad Michelin tire that caused a vibration at 65 mph. Dealership found a “flat spot” on the tire belts when they did a road force balance.

Jerryr said:
When I bought my 2015 it had sat on Hot South Florida lots for almost a full year before I bought it. When I got it , it had a SOH of 94% when I picked it up. Almost 3 years later it was at 85.52% when I traded it in and it was still showing 12 bars.

My 2018 40 kWh SV was showing 98.62% when I got it.

My current 2019 SV Plus 62 kWh is showing 99.84% less than a month old.

These are great cars. The only time it required warranty service was my 2018 with a bad Michelin tire that caused a vibration at 65 mph. Dealership found a “flat spot” on the tire belts when they did a road force balance.
My 2015 S had to get some fan controller, or something like that, replaced for the AC to work when sitting still. It would work fine while the car was moving, but the compressor would shut off when no air was being moved through the coils. Other than that, not a problem of any other kind.

Mine was a bit lower, it was 97.63% SOH for a 2018 SV
But it was a 2018 that had been sitting for a year at a dealer in Palmdale, CA (warm area)

I have about 600 miles on it now, a month later, and its at 97.48% SOH

I’ve driven mine for a week (put about 350 miles on it) and it’s already down to 97.76%.....

The obd2 is in a weird spot on the ‘19 leafs.... there’s no panel to remove... its facing down beneath the steering column

texasninja915 said:
I’ve driven mine for a week (put about 350 miles on it) and it’s already down to 97.76%.....

The obd2 is in a weird spot on the ‘19 leafs.... there’s no panel to remove... its facing down beneath the steering column

If you mean below and to the left of the steering column, that's where it's always been in the Leaf.

Well the 2018’s had a cover you had to remove. On the 2019, there is no cover. The obd2 port is exposed kind of below the steering column....

Not the port itself. There is a cover that needs to be removed to expose the port. That is not the case on the 2019.

I'm referring to the cover shown at the 21 second mark in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOdTTZ3MTBM

I was having trouble finding my obd2 port so I thought I would mention it.

Back