DougWantsALeaf wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:16 pm
Noticed that my dealer has a Plus in inventory. The Plus models are no longer advertised with any sort of discount. (the single 40 Leaf has a discount online). Guessing you could get a bit off in person.
Telsa was likely pretty smart to better secure its battery supply, as it feels like Nissan now on top of Kia/Hyundai are somewhat supply constrained.
At MSRP, the Tesla feels like a better deal, as you can get a base SR+ for 42K (40 post Fed) (assuming you don't want white), vs 43K (35-36 post Fed), the extra 5K for a mildly better range and charge network might be worth it.
It’s not just a money thing though. We love the model 3. Amazing car. But lots of unchecked boxes for our needs.
Nissan over Tesla considerations for us were.
- Easier ingress and egress.
- Heated steering wheel for sore 56 year old hands
- Homelink standard. (Not really important for us)
- Heat pump so less energy use in mildly cold temps...like where we live in BC.
- E-Pedal. (One of our favourite things about the Leaf.
- all around 360 view camera display
- pretty much no vampire drain. Important for us as we leave the country for a month or more at a time without being able to plug in.
- rear cross traffic alert avoidance system.
- much quieter than the model 3.
- we liked the behaviour of the pro pilot although the autopilot was fine.
- local service.
These things are not important to everybody but they were to us.
Still love seeing the model 3 in red though. Great looking car.