Leaf Climate Remote FitBit Versa/Ionic App - Beta Test

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsilberg

Hi!

I wrote an app for the FitBit Versa and Ionic which will start/stop climate control on the Nissan Leaf. If your leaf works with NissanConnectEV then you can use this app. Right now it's North America only, but I can update that if there's demand.

Here are some screenshots:
WJlA3tn.png

r2FXOuf.png

dAm6Wfm.png

If you're interested, send me a direct message and I'll send you instructions on how to try it out. Once I get enough feedback I'll submit the app to FitBit for full publication in their App Store.

There are other apps to do this now, but they tend to have too many features and graphics for those of us who just want a fast on/off for climate control. What are the power indicators for...?

As far as I know, there are no other apps that do this. This app runs on the FitBit Versa/Ionic. No other app that I know of does.

The only current functionality is Climate On / Climate Off. The power bar at the top currently does not do anything other than provide style. At some point in the future it might display your battery charge or something along those lines. That depends on whether people use the app and want the features.

I built this because I needed it. I needed a quick and reliable way to start climate from my watch. I didn't want to pull out my phone, and I find that the phone apps that are out there are unreliable at best. QuickLeaf is the best I've seen so far, but pulling out the phone is more than I want to do.

One added bonus is that this is cross platform. If you have a FitBit, this should work with both IOS and Android.

Back