New 2019 SL Plus Ordered

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryleaf

Hi all. We have sold our 2011 Leaf that we purchased new. We have ordered a 2019 SL Plus, Scarlet Ember Tintcoat (red) color, with Light Grey Leather interior. We really wanted the Jade Frost Metallic color, but the dealer said it has been discontinued according to Nissan. We told them that we would even wait for the 2020's to come out if the color would be available then. They reiterated that the color has been discontinued. Do you all think this is true? I realize that Nissan calls it a "Limited Availability" color, but it is still on the Nissan website. Thoughts?

Maybe try the LEAF support line to see if they can find an answer on whether the color is discontinued or not. 1-877-NOGAS-EV

Well, I actually contacted the dealer in MD. They still have the car and would sell it to us for MSRP - $1,000, plus $800 to ship it to our house. I thought the shipping cost sounded quite reasonable, but still could not justify the overall cost (they advertised another $3,xxx in discounts, but that was not available to an out of state buyer(?)!!). We still have the Scarlet Ember one on order, the latest ETA is mid-October. We are looking forward to the new Leaf!!

If you have your heart set on ONE particular car, with a discontinued color and trim.... You are asking to get gouged and pay a ton of money over sticker....

SL Pluses with light grey interior are hard to find. I wanted Jade Frost, but a search by my dealer in early August found zero in the country. They found a few white ones, one of which I am now driving. You will like the greatly increased range and horsepower.

Break my heart! I was looking forward to buying a Jade Frost in three years when they come off lease. I guess I will plan on white.

Sue C

Back