MyEVStats.com - Stats Tracker for Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirkhilles said:
Feedback appreciated.

This looks like it could be a nice service and I will likely send you my data soon. I have data since the day I bought the car new and use Leaf Spy almost every time I drive the car. Here are things I think would make your site more useful - but requiring a bit more programming.

1. I think I'm fine providing you a vin number with the data (I don't have it save location data so its not there anyway). But I think the site would would be more useful (and get fewer pushbacks) if you set up a system where we (or you) could create accounts where we have our mynissanleaf usernames that we provide and you tie to vins so that we can get data by the already public user name that we use rather than vin. We upload vins in the file (as that's what's there) but you don't make that part public.

2. create a cgi that will allow users to pull a brief (one line) summary of our data that we can add to our signature line on MyNissanLeaf.com or other websites where we want to display it. Maybe Year, total miles, SOH , and 30 day loss rate. Of course you would want it to include a tiny link to your site to encourage more signups. This line would then be generated from the most recent uploaded data - which the way you have it set up could be completely automated.

3. There are plenty of publicly available graphics routines available for php to plot data to a jpg that gets loaded when we look up a page, but I assume that's on your radar. If I just wanted to see a table of my data, Leaf Spy has very nice one built in.

That's a start

i read leafspy help. "username" is sent in the data packet. we can enter our mynissanleaf username there. vin can still be used as unique id in the database, and "username" used as a "display name".
too bad that number of L2/L3 is not in the data. otherwise we can estimate average dod and add it to factor of battery degradation study.

soldcake said:
i read leafspy help. "username" is sent in the data packet. we can enter our mynissanleaf username there. vin can still be used as unique id in the database, and "username" used as a "display name".
too bad that number of L2/L3 is not in the data. otherwise we can estimate average dod and add it to factor of battery degradation study.

Unfortunately, UserName isn't always passed, so I can't use that. VIN is the route to go as I can use that to determine Year, plus potentially identify build dates and/or recall other information based on VIN. I may eventually have to where it shows something other than the last digits of the VIN.

Quick question (hopefully not already asked and no answered):

Are any LeafSpy config changes required if one were to move their OBD2 reader to another Leaf? Will the original Leaf’s data (in myevstats) get corrupted in any way?

Thanks again for this fantastic service!

Superchewie said:
Quick question (hopefully not already asked and no answered):

Are any LeafSpy config changes required if one were to move their OBD2 reader to another Leaf? Will the original Leaf’s data (in myevstats) get corrupted in any way?

Thanks again for this fantastic service!

Nope. Once you get it setup on the new Leaf it'll start sending its data and both will be available. Thanks for contributing!

When I check stats for my Leaf 328778 it only shows stats till Dec 9. First I thought that the app stopped sending in stats but my uploads show up under latest data received.

oh! there is one 2018 !! 114AH.
how can we help update the web site to show this new car to be 2018?

Hi there OP,
I'm really interested in the PHP that you're using to make your site work.
If possible, I'd love to get a copy and run it on my own server so that I can do strange things with the data that comes from my car.

Cheers,

Nate B.

^^ This.

I just bumped the total number of participants to 38 and I'm curious why more people haven't joined in.
This project just seems like such a good match for this technically oriented community of Leaf pilots.

So I'll ask... anyone care to share why they choose not to participate?

I only connect my OBDII dongle every few months. I've long stop obsessing over every 0.01% drop in SOH or whatever. One reason I bought the car is for its ease of use and lack of maintenance, Continuously watching LeafSpy is just a task that I don't care to do.

goldbrick said:
I only connect my OBDII dongle every few months. I've long stop obsessing over every 0.01% drop in SOH or whatever. One reason I bought the car is for its ease of use and lack of maintenance, Continuously watching LeafSpy is just a task that I don't care to do.

Right, other life issues of more concern, e.g. when milk prices will increase.

I'd be interested in doing this but now i remember... the gadget i use for leafspy, a tablet, has only wifi data... so as far as I know, i can't do it.
I guess i could hotspot; if i remember I'll give it a try.

goldbrick said:

I bought my 3rd Leaf, my second 2015 Leaf last March. SOH was 95% when I drove it off the lot. Within 3 weeks, it dropped to the upper 91% and it has varied back up to 93%, bouncing around a bit. Today, it is 90.11% up from yesterday's 90.69%. Of more importance, last April I spent $79 on my electric bill. This April, I spent $78. Last August, I spent $126 on electricity (running the A/C); this year, one or two days of A/C and I spent $78. All months included charging my car at home on measured (1/2 regular cost) rate. So, essentially, I saved $80 worth of gas each month and drove for free.

I've gotten so that I check LeafSpy when I am going to be on my margins. So far, no turtles, although I have seen VLBW twice. Otherwise, I don't even bother to activate the application.

Back