Charging timer questions 2016SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi folks. For the next couple months the timing feature will be useful for us. Couple of questions.

1. If I use the button on the dash to override the timer and charge right away do I have to unplug and replug if I change my mind?

2. What does the charge now button on the App do? Is it the same as using the timer off button on the dash? It doesn’t seem to do much.

3. Seems to me I read that if the car is plugged in but not charging the 12 volt battery can be run down.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to share any other tips re timers.

John

webeleafowners said:
Hi folks. For the next couple months the timing feature will be useful for us. Couple of questions.

1. If I use the button on the dash to override the timer and charge right away do I have to unplug and replug if I change my mind?

I believe so, yes. Since Nissan never implemented a "stop charging" command I don't see any other way.

2. What does the charge now button on the App do? Is it the same as using the timer off button on the dash? It doesn’t seem to do much.

Yes, and yes.

3. Seems to me I read that if the car is plugged in but not charging the 12 volt battery can be run down.

Yes, especially over many days or weeks. It can also happen if done often, for shorter periods. It isn't as much an issue with post '13 Leafs, but it can happen.

Some of the features are disabled after 6 months (if you got a free trial of them) while some others may be disabled later. I was told that you can always operate the climate control remotely, check SOC, basic things like that. I know I was able to do that with my 2013 until the 2G telematics became useless.

LeftieBiker said:
Some of the features are disabled after 6 months (if you got a free trial of them) while some others may be disabled later. I was told that you can always operate the climate control remotely, check SOC, basic things like that. I know I was able to do that with my 2013 until the 2G telematics became useless.

Thanks Leftie.

Woohoo. It worked. I love this little clipper creek 15 amp 240 volt unit. It puts exactly 10 percent per hour in the 30 KWH battery. Should be 5 percent with our Eplus. It’s the smallest clipper creek available. We only had room in the panel for a 15 amp breaker. It is actually only 12 amps output. At 240 volts that’s pretty much 3 KW. Easy to calculate time when the numbers are even.

48734288057_07017cc09a_c.jpg

Back