What's new for 2020?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danrjones said:
They are adding a free shirt with purchase.

9321417.png

(not)

Seriously. We really need a like button on this forum. :)

A friend who was looking at Leaf's locally reported that the dealer says the rumor is that 2020 pricing will go up. Take that for what's it worth but Boulder Nissan sells a lot of Leafs and apparently there are not many left in stock here.

My local Nissan dealer no longer even sells the LEAF, nor has any new or used inventory. In fact their website search boxes no longer list the LEAF as a search option. Apparently whatever the MY2020 looks like will not be a big deal around these parts.

SalisburySam said:
My local Nissan dealer no longer even sells the LEAF, nor has any new or used inventory. In fact their website search boxes no longer list the LEAF as a search option. Apparently whatever the MY2020 looks like will not be a big deal around these parts.

I would say only one of three Nissan dealers sell Leafs here. Our local dealer would love to sell them but can't afford the equipment or the tech training. The dealer we buy from is well setup. Dedicated Leaf area in the shop, two trained techs, dedicated sales staff. They are about 55 kilometers away though. Meh. 1/2 an hour.

Not a peep out there about any model year changes between 2019 and 2020 though. Whatever it is will probably be small. Our dealer has pre-sold their entire 2020 Eplus allotment. Talking to the one chap he said if they had triple the allotment it will still all be sold. My guess is Nissan is battery constrained.

They might be somewhat battery constrained, but it also varies greatly by area. One of my closest dealers has five SL plus's sitting on the lot, with the price starting 4k under MSRP before negotiating.

I wonder if that "lawsuit" over emissions standards will play into this. Be interesting to see who the car companies think will win, assuming the next admin doesn't reverse.

Anyway, CA has them around for purchase.

danrjones said:
They might be somewhat battery constrained, but it also varies greatly by area. One of my closest dealers has five SL plus's sitting on the lot, with the price starting 4k under MSRP before negotiating.

I wonder if that "lawsuit" over emissions standards will play into this. Be interesting to see who the car companies think will win, assuming the next admin doesn't reverse.

Anyway, CA has them around for purchase.

We are in British Columbia. Hard to find here. Even new standard range cars are not plentiful here. Available though.

Inventory in Chicago has also crept back up a little. Very few Plus models. Guessing much of the global capacity is still filling supply lines to new markets.

Has anyone seen a total Leaf Sales number for August?

I do find it interesting that in spite of ccs, the eGolf, ID3, Tesla, etc.. that Germany still sells hundreds of Leaf’s every month. They have a fun commercial using a play on the German verb “to Run” or Liefen. The Leaf just runs and runs and runs. Lief und lief und lief.

It seems like if there is a lot of unsold inventory in CA, Nissan would move them around to cover the lean areas. But maybe that's not possible once delivered to a dealer. I know dealers will swap, but Nissan might not be able to actually pull inventory back. Or it would cost them more than just letting them sit in CA.

danrjones said:
It seems like if there is a lot of unsold inventory in CA, Nissan would move them around to cover the lean areas. But maybe that's not possible once delivered to a dealer. I know dealers will swap, but Nissan might not be able to actually pull inventory back. Or it would cost them more than just letting them sit in CA.

Ship em up to B.C. They’ll all be gone in a day.

webeleafowners said:
danrjones said:

They may not have the All Weather Package. If not, you don't want them.

LeftieBiker said:
webeleafowners said:
danrjones said:

They may not have the All Weather Package. If not, you don't want them.

Ahhh yes. Not sure what that all entails but saw it on our order.

danrjones said:
I think all the SL models have the weather package included.

For my SV it was heated seats, heated steering wheel and heat pump

Yes, it comes with the SL, but is optional on the S and SV. (The S only gets the heated seats and wheel, heated mirrors, and a rear seat duct with the package.)

My buddy who was looking at Leaf's here in CO said that the dealers have SV's without the all-weather package priced lower than S models with the (reduced) package. The pricing makes sense but I can't understand what they are doing with cars without the all-weather package here in CO. Maybe they traded other dealers for them or maybe they are just that ignorant.

goldbrick said:
My buddy who was looking at Leaf's here in CO said that the dealers have SV's without the all-weather package priced lower than S models with the (reduced) package. The pricing makes sense but I can't understand what they are doing with cars without the all-weather package here in CO. Maybe they traded other dealers for them or maybe they are just that ignorant.

That's funny because when I bought mine, leftover 2018's in early 2019, most HAD the weather package, and I'm in a hot area of CA. Maybe those were the leftovers because CA buyers didn't want to pay more during 2018.

So someone at my dealer said they were told to expect a bigger battery, which was odd to them since the Plus was only recently available.

Maybe after 2 years of the 40kWh being available they are going to move the 62kWh to the regular, non-Plus and then the Plus will get a newer/bigger battery? They have tended to keep the same capacity batteries around for ~2 years as of late. Maybe that is the root of the price increase also rumored?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

BoulderLeaf said:
So someone at my dealer said they were told to expect a bigger battery, which was odd to them since the Plus was only recently available.

Maybe after 2 years of the 40kWh being available they are going to move the 62kWh to the regular, non-Plus and then the Plus will get a newer/bigger battery? They have tended to keep the same capacity batteries around for ~2 years as of late. Maybe that is the root of the price increase also rumored?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

I would bet heavily against that. I also think I know what got distorted there: Nissan's next version of the Leaf will be all new, unlike the current "Gen TOO," and that car will likely have at least an option for a bigger battery.

danrjones said:
kikbuti said:
It's mid September and this thread is the best I can find on USA 2020 Nissan Leaf+. I just sold my 2016 Leaf SL to Carmax. I have 6 more payments on a Volvo lease. I hate buying gas. Dealer wanting to slam me into a leftover 2019 SL+ with discounts up to 4500. This time, I won't settle for a black interior. I plan to wait to get what I want. Can't do Tesla for many reasons.... ingress/egress, quality issues, higher insurance, no cheap financing offers, etc.

If you wait long enough there will be a Volvo xc40 ev.

I don't think anyone knows what 2020 will bring. One reason I did not mind the sv trim was fabric seats are cooler.

There are still plenty of plus inventory around los angeles last time I looked.
Volvo XC40 EV announcement in a few weeks. This may just work out for me. I can delay purchase until at least February. Test driving a Tesla Model 3 at noon today.

Back