Buzzing sound on startup and while driving

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dariuou

I've got a 2016 Leaf SV, when I start it up and intermittently while driving, I'll hear a buzzing noise coming from the dashboard. There doesn't really seem to be a pattern, it'll happen when I'm driving, braking or stopped. It does seem like it happens very frequently when I first start it, but after that it's pretty random.

Here is a recording of what it sounds like: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vY_HoCPbr-BT5y-MDAl3c4SCgHkT2eyo

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's not the speakers, it sounds like it's coming from just behind the dash, in the steering column or something. And it happens whether the radio is on or not. Thanks for the responses. I think I've got one week left on the bumper to bumper warranty, I'll get it into the shop.

Hi! Did you ever get this figured out? My Leaf is having a similar issue, It sounds similar to your sound clip, a little softer and doesn’t last as long, but it occurs so infrequently I’m afraid I might not be able to get it to happen at the dealership.

Thanks!!

I know it has been a few years since this post, but I got the very same sound on my 2015 Leaf, need to know if someone was able to narrow it down to see what needs to be fixed

Dealears here in Costa Rica don't know crap about this car or EVs in general

thanks

Back