DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Those Bolt prices looked really good. Like the Leaf, the bolt when driven carefully can well outperform the EPA range.

While this is going to cause a stir, I don’t see as many Tesla drivers claiming to achieve real world ranges much above the EPA for those cars. Usually 10-20% less. EPA is doable, I think it’s just hard to drive a Tesla that slow. Too much fun to push it harder.
2019 SV Plus Silver
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh (4.9 KWh remaining)

SageBrush
Posts: 4907
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am

cwerdna wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Bolt doesn't have certain features at all like adaptive cruise control, ProPilot equivalent nor nav system. You either use CarPlay, Android Auto or you can get some turn-by-turn directions via OnStar (have to pay for subscription for that. I use Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps via CarPlay.
.
Nav via the phone is a pretty good solution ... until you try Tesla nav. Then the integration and screen size really stands out as superior.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

DougWantsALeaf
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 8:21 pm
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811
Location: Chicago North Side

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:48 am

The full color sat Nav does look very cool in the 3. You have to get the long range version to get it though I believe...it is tempting with a range boost to the Plus as well.
2019 SV Plus Silver
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: 242 Highway 4.5 miles/kWh (4.9 KWh remaining)

SageBrush
Posts: 4907
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:29 am

DougWantsALeaf wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:48 am
The full color sat Nav does look very cool in the 3. You have to get the long range version to get it though I believe...it is tempting with a range boost to the Plus as well.
.
I'm not sure what 'full color' means. The more expensive Tesla models also show real-time traffic
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

cwerdna
Posts: 9807
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm

SageBrush wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am
cwerdna wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Bolt doesn't have certain features at all like adaptive cruise control, ProPilot equivalent nor nav system. You either use CarPlay, Android Auto or you can get some turn-by-turn directions via OnStar (have to pay for subscription for that. I use Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps via CarPlay.
.
Nav via the phone is a pretty good solution ... until you try Tesla nav. Then the integration and screen size really stands out as superior.
With CarPlay esp. with a large LCD like in a Bolt, you do have a fair amount of overall screen real estate and not everything is crammed into the LCD centered between the two front seats.

I uploaded this pic to another forum in a CarPlay thread: https://imgur.com/a/pWKbM2u. The large LCD on the Bolt is 10.2" diagonal. The one in front of the driver w/the speedometer, battery bars and regen/power indicator + some indicators is supposedly 8" diagonal. When using CarPlay to navigate, it seems like all 3 mapping apps I use (Apple Maps, Waze and Google Maps) put the immediate directions in the upper left of the car's LCD and the rest on the phone. My iPhone 8's got a 4.7" diagonal screen.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

SageBrush
Posts: 4907
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:11 am

cwerdna wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm
SageBrush wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:45 am
cwerdna wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:15 pm
Bolt doesn't have certain features at all like adaptive cruise control, ProPilot equivalent nor nav system. You either use CarPlay, Android Auto or you can get some turn-by-turn directions via OnStar (have to pay for subscription for that. I use Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps via CarPlay.
.
Nav via the phone is a pretty good solution ... until you try Tesla nav. Then the integration and screen size really stands out as superior.
With CarPlay esp. with a large LCD like in a Bolt, you do have a fair amount of overall screen real estate and not everything is crammed into the LCD centered between the two front seats.

I uploaded this pic to another forum in a CarPlay thread: https://imgur.com/a/pWKbM2u. The large LCD on the Bolt is 10.2" diagonal. The one in front of the driver w/the speedometer, battery bars and regen/power indicator + some indicators is supposedly 8" diagonal. When using CarPlay to navigate, it seems like all 3 mapping apps I use (Apple Maps, Waze and Google Maps) put the immediate directions in the upper left of the car's LCD and the rest on the phone. My iPhone 8's got a 4.7" diagonal screen.
As I said, you have to experience Tesla to realize just how inferior the other solutions are. I think the headline attributes are a huge screen, very precise GPS, smart orientation, *very* clear display of maps in different perspectives, and dynamic map views as you drive. The latter means that the map zooms in when turns approach. I don't think any of these features are unique to Tesla but their integration together is.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

countryleaf
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2011
Leaf Number: 316573
Location: West Puget Sound, WA

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Well, we found a 2019 Scarlet Ember Tintcoat SL Plus at the Campbell Nissan dealer in Everett (WA). They discounted much more than the other dealer we were working with. So we got the car for right about $40K. Then add the $7,500 Federal Tax credit and the $2,250 for Sales Tax credit and the car is a pretty good price (in my opinion). Since we do not pay $7,500 Income Tax on my retirement income, the dealer told us to lease the cat for a month and "flip it" to a purchase before the end of the first month. That gained us at least $2K and we get the $7,500 off the top (instead of waiting to file income tax). I would highly recommend this dealer. The guy we dealt with was very knowledgeable on Leaf's and all rebate/credit options. He is the number one Nissan EV Salesman in the world for 2018, 2016, and 2013(!!). We picked the car up yesterday and are loving it!
2019 Leaf SL Plus, Scarlet Ember Tintcoat, picked up on 30 September 2019
JuiceBox Pro 40 Amp EVSE Charger
----------
2011 Red Leaf, bought new in 12/2011, sold 5/28/19, 67,XXX miles, 10 of 12 battery bars
Blink L2 Charger (replaced)

HerdingElectrons
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Delivery Date: 17 Sep 2018
Location: Central Coast, Ca

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:02 pm

Congrats! I'm happy for you!
2018 SL Pearl White 4.2/3.7 Warm/Cold weather

09/18, 01K mi: AHr= 114.52 / SOH= 99.20 / HX= 099.70%
04/19, 10K mi: Ahr= 111.45 / SOH= 96.54 / HX= 113.82%
11/19, 20K mi: Ahr= 107.44 / SOH= 93.07 / HX= 109.96%

Flyct
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:04 am
Delivery Date: 02 Dec 2015
Leaf Number: 307113
Location: Bradenton, Florida, US

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 pm

countryleaf wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:42 pm
Well, we found a 2019 Scarlet Ember Tintcoat SL Plus at the Campbell Nissan dealer in Everett (WA). They discounted much more than the other dealer we were working with. So we got the car for right about $40K. Then add the $7,500 Federal Tax credit and the $2,250 for Sales Tax credit and the car is a pretty good price (in my opinion). Since we do not pay $7,500 Income Tax on my retirement income, the dealer told us to lease the cat for a month and "flip it" to a purchase before the end of the first month. That gained us at least $2K and we get the $7,500 off the top (instead of waiting to file income tax). I would highly recommend this dealer. The guy we dealt with was very knowledgeable on Leaf's and all rebate/credit options. He is the number one Nissan EV Salesman in the world for 2018, 2016, and 2013(!!). We picked the car up yesterday and are loving it!
Great creative way to get most of the $7,500 tax credit if you have limited income that limits tax liability.

The only additional hit you will have is the $650 NMAC lease acquisition fee they charge.
2019 Leaf SL Plus w/All Options
2015 Lexus RX450h Hybrid SUV
2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate Crew Cab Short Bed Diesel
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS 5th Wheel RV
2017 Kawasaki FXT-Pro LE Side by Side
Blissfully Retired and loving it!

Baltneu
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:54 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 313633

Re: How much of a Discount Should I be Able to Get on an Ordered Leaf?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 pm

For the people who think they bought at invoice or below invoice, think again. What a dealer pays for a car is very convoluted. When they accept harder to sell cars, they get all sorts of incentives off the invoice. I remember a dealer showing me a piece of paper showing me his invoice, what a bunch of BS or telling me they want to sell the car below what they paid for it (invoice). Sure, this is the dealer than sells cars below cost and makes no profit and still stays in business.
2018 Gun Metallic Gray, SL, Technology Package, etc.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”