Gen1 Leaf battery box can round socket pinout

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrey said:
Not sure how long should I wait to keep this chain powered to get info and how powerful my PSU should be.
Answering my own questions
1) no longer that 5 seconds
2) 2A PSU is enough
3) BMS only required
4) Power both +12 pins (4 and 5)
5) Ground to any of 6-7-8 pins

Not sure how accurate reported VIN then - for some reason it shows me some strange VIN from 2012 (Japan) while battery is definitely 2014 (2 power sockets vs 1 on 2012).

Hi there

I have followed the instructions and made the adapter for reading the BMS from a 2011-12 battery that is out of the car

But I'm not having much success. It seems like the bluetooth is connecting, but I don't get any readout from the BMS

The bottom right corner says "Config ELM 01 Tap to Freeze" with a yellow background. It changes to a light brown background for a fraction of a second, then back to a yellow background. It NEVER goes green

Do I need to have the big orange battery fuse installed? It currently isn't installed. If yes, do I need to take any precautions when installing?

I'm powering the adapter off a fully charged 12V car battery

On the OBD2 socket, I have 12V on pin 16, EV-L on pin 14, EV-H on pin 6, Earth on Pins 4 & 5

Yes, I have selected BMS. And I'm using Leaf Spy Pro. The bluetooth OBD2 works fine in my Leaf car

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

xafalcon said:
The bottom right corner says "Config ELM 01 Tap to Freeze" with a yellow background. It changes to a light brown background for a fraction of a second, then back to a yellow background. It NEVER goes green

Do I need to have the big orange battery fuse installed? It currently isn't installed. If yes, do I need to take any precautions when installing?

I had that effect when I was improperly powering the BMS. My post above is the success recipe (at least on my side).
Orange connector is not required.

Back