Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Blythe and not Quartzsite. Having been to both towns, I would much rather spent 30-60 minutes at a restaurant in Blythe than 30-60 minutes in Quartzsite talking to a guy with a folding table trying to sell me rocks that he picked up off the ground.

Wagon Mound's been open for a few months, so IDK why you'd be getting alerts about it.

Glenwood Springs(I-70 ex. 114 or 116) is #4 for the month and #306 total. This was one of the most important of the "Coming Soon" sites, as it makes it possible albeit not yet practical to make it between Grand Junction and Lakewood (236 miles) or Littleton (241 miles). The Glenwood Springs QC is 88 miles from the Grand Junction QC. Frisco, CO. is still needed to make the trip practical, as you have to climb cover 5,500 ft. going either way between Glenwood Springs and the Denver area.

Update: Milpitas, CA (Urb. I-680/880 ex. 8B) is open, #5 for the month and #307 total.

GRA said:
Wagon Mound's been open for a few months, so IDK why you'd be getting alerts about it.

IDK as well.

I entered requests for as many "coming soon locations" as I can. I have most of the Mountain West in my list. There is a limit to the number of notifications on the list, and there are some in California not in the list still, as I'm at the limit. When a station reports, I find another station. I did a pass of the map outside CA a week or so, and this showed as "coming soon", and wasn't on my list, so I put on my list. And I got notified. Perhaps it was down for a week or so??

Milpitas, CA (I-680/880 ex. 8B) is open, #5 for the month and #307 total.

447 Great Mall Drive , Milpitas, California 95035?
I didn't have this on my list. So I wasn't notified.

WetEV said:
GRA said:

IDK as well.

I entered requests for as many "coming soon locations" as I can. I have most of the Mountain West in my list. There is a limit to the number of notifications on the list, and there are some in California not in the list still, as I'm at the limit. When a station reports, I find another station. I did a pass of the map outside CA a week or so, and this showed as "coming soon", and wasn't on my list, so I put on my list. And I got notified. Perhaps it was down for a week or so??

I think I know what happened. They've changed the listing, and I'm guessing any time a listing changes it sends out a notice. It used to just be titled something like "Wagon Mound", and now it reads "Conoco Wagon Mound (wagon Mound, Nm)", with the full address below. Apparently EA's Department of Redundancy Department is on the job! :lol: BTW, that's an exact copy, capitalization errors and all.

In addition to the latest site in Sacramento (U.S. 50 ex. 8/8B) WetEV listed (which I'm calling Sacramento-E. as there are now 8 sites in Sac plus one in W. Sacramento as well as sites in Elk Grove and N. Highlands), another site has opened in Chicago (Urb., I-290 ex. 29A), so that's #s 6 and 7 for the month, and #s 308-309 total.

EA seems to have added a couple of "Coming Soon" sites to I-5 in the San Joaquin Valley since the last time I checked, at Harris Ranch and "Bakersfield" (actually at the turn-off for Taft, I-5 ex. 244/246, Jcts. with S.R. 41/119).

Less than 3 months left in the year. Will they meet their Cycle 1 (through June 30, 2019) commitment by then? Will they start installing Cycle 2 locations, as promised? It's not looking good. Although they have made significant progress.

For the Midwest, they are still the fastest Chademo around. The EVGo chargers I used this past weekend were only 35-36kW. Painfully slow compared to the 55-75 EA offers (when starting at a low SOC).

danrjones said:
Does the regular 2018 leaf max out at exactly 50? I thought I read somewhere on here people have hit slightly faster than that?
If I am not mistaken the 40 kWh LEAFs peak at 150 Amps and the 62 kWh LEAFs peak at 200 Amps
Presuming peak Amps continues up to ~ 360 Volts, that translates to 0.360*150 = 54 kW Max for the 40 kWh model and 0.36*200 = 72 kW Max in the 62 kWh model

GetOffYourGas said:
Less than 3 months left in the year. Will they meet their Cycle 1 (through June 30, 2019) commitment by then? Will they start installing Cycle 2 locations, as promised? It's not looking good. Although they have made significant progress.

The delay in opening California sites as the utilities have switched their crews to tree and brush removal to avoid yet another massively damaging fire season has really slowed things down, but that's not on EA. The pause for about two weeks while EA set about repairing sites (and presumably figuring out what was causing most of the problems) also set things back. A few months ago I thought they'd hit 380-400 open by the end of the year, but that seems unlikely now, and depending on how the weather goes 340-360 seems more likely, although if you look at the "Coming Soon" sites on the map, the vast majority of them are in California now. So, maybe all the sites here which are essentially complete except for transformers and final inspections can be completed fairly quickly, once the utility crews are off tree-trimming and associated routine maintenance duty.

Similar to Iowa, Minnesota is building a set of fast chargers.

https://www.echopress.com/business/transportation/4714173-Electric-car-charging-station-coming-to-9-Minnesota-cities

Looks like we have another defector in Volta who announced 150 QCs nationwide all CCS only. I guess not all that significant as 150 stations is barely a drop in the bucket. They will be free exchanging ad time for fees.

I think its a rather stupid move since Chademo EVs still have more than a 4 to 1 advantage over CCS so even if they stopped building them today, they will still be around in great numbers for years.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Looks like we have another defector in Volta who announced 150 QCs nationwide all CCS only. I guess not all that significant as 150 stations is barely a drop in the bucket. They will be free exchanging ad time for fees.

I think its a rather stupid move since Chademo EVs still have more than a 4 to 1 advantage over CCS so even if they stopped building them today, they will still be around in great numbers for years.

But CHAdeMO-equipped cars that are really suitable for road trips make up a much smaller %, and that % is shrinking quickly. While people who have 24/30kWh LEAFs may use QCs, that's essentially making a virtue out of a necessity by trying to use the car for something it's ill-suited, and even 40kWh LEAFs are essentially local/intra-regional cars.

Back