GCR: Payment not accepted: Volta's free DC fast charging network starts soon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweet artists rendering shows one cable, and when asked if it would be CCS or Chedemo, they were evasive.

Randy said:
Tweet artists rendering shows one cable, and when asked if it would be CCS or Chedemo, they were evasive.
The website is very clear that only CCS is supported. They go out of their way to explain that they have concluded that CCS is the universal plug of the future.

SageBrush said:
Randy said:
The website is very clear that only CCS is supported. They go out of their way to explain that they have concluded that CCS is the universal plug of the future.

Can you provide a link to where they say that, because I can't find anything on their website that does.. Not that I disagree with the idea, and it's my hope that when Tesla introduces the Model Y, they'll do so concurrently with providing it with CCS and also switching over some stalls at SCs likewise. The rationale that led Tesla to develop their own charging network using their own connector is rapidly disappearing, and just as they've gone to CCS-2 in Europe, it would be helpful for the growth of BEVs generally to have a single nationwide standard. I regard CHAdeMO as rapidly becoming obsolete here, unless Toyota uses it. The LEAF can't support it on its own, and the Outlander PHEV's numbers are too small to be a factor, even if they didn't have a much faster refueling option than CHAdeMO.

^^ My mistake -- it was a CEO quote published by Electrek
Volta’s new DCFC stations will offer speeds from 50 kW to 100 kW using the CCS standard. Volta’s founder and CEO Scott Mercer explains: “Volta is using the CCS charging standard and not CHAdeMO because Volta believes that there should be one open DC fast-charging standard. We are building the network that we believe will best meet the needs of the electric vehicle population over a longer time horizon.

Back