Water Pump on 2016 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidgeLeafDriver

The yellow warning light came on a few days ago and we took the car to Nissan. They ran diagnostics for 3 hours and finally said the water pump needs replacing. They want $1060. Having read some earlier posts I have some questions that maybe some on this forum may be able to help with.

Is there only 1 pump on the 2016 Leaf? The reason I asked this is while I was still there I did a quick search on my phone and people talk about passenger and driver side pumps. I asked the folks at the dealership about this and they said there's only one.

I also read that people can hear a faulty pump making a noise. But I have not detected a noise. Can the yellow light be something else?

You can probably tell that I don't trust the folks at the dealership very much. They do seem intent on extracting as much money as possible from you, and I don't trust them at all.

Earlier posts on water pumps sound like this is relatively easy to fix, and the part seems to be about $2-300. However, they were discussing a 2012 Leaf. Does anyone know if the 2016 model is any different?

Back