300-mile LEAF to be Announced this Month?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did start https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29000 about Tokyo Motor Show 2019. If you're a car enthusiast, esp. Japanese cars, I highly recommend it.

Since it's rather pricey to buy airplane tix to go now... I guess one will have to wait 2 years. It only is held every other year.

The big question is will the 85ish kwh battery fit under a current leaf?

If we are 10 weeks out from the 2020my launch and no one has said anything then nothing notable has changed.

Oilpan4 said:
The big question is will the 85ish kwh battery fit under a current leaf?

If we are 10 weeks out from the 2020my launch and no one has said anything then nothing notable has changed.

Nope. The 2020 will have

a 90 Kwh battery chryogenically cooled
Zero to sixty sub 3 seconds
passenger ejection seat (operable by driver only)
Full solar roof able to charge the car under moonlight

Those are just the confirmed points. I’ll leave the rest as a surprise. :)

webeleafowners said:
passenger ejection seat (operable by driver only)
Sorry, but they won't be able to initially get regulatory approval for the ejector seats in the US, and they might not fly in Europe, either.

The story I heard is they are going to install the hardware anyway, and then later enable it with an up-and-over-the-air update. ;)

As I expected, its not the LEAF, but some spy shots are available:

https://insideevs.com/news/377633/nissan-ariya-child-leaf-rogue/

this-is-the-nissan-ariya-the-child-leaf-had-with-the-rogue.jpg

If the rumor mill is to be believed it has a TMS, uses Tesla - like 811 chemistry, and dumps CHAdeMO.

Smart moves by Nissan if true. The electric CUV market segment is all the rage these days. I hope it succeeds.
And of course having the idiotic posts defending continuation of the LEAF tech die out is jut icing on the cake.

I'm waiting for the "the LEAF was great for its day ..." blah blah blah
3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

As a used EV purchase, the LEAF offers exceptionally good value. So, I'm looking forward to buying a heavily depreciated 2018 in a few years from now, which hopefully I'll drive until it starts falling apart.

I was disappointed with the XC40 reveal the other day because the EPA range, though not announced, looks to be barely above 200 miles.

But this being rated, so they say, at 300 miles, is much better. Model S can still be king of the mountain, for today, but 300 would be great.

danrjones said:
I was disappointed with the XC40 reveal the other day because the EPA range, though not announced, looks to be barely above 200 miles.

But this being rated, so they say, at 300 miles, is much better. Model S can still be king of the mountain, for today, but 300 would be great.
In conjunction with an excellent, fast charging network, 300 mile range works great in my experience.

Nissan finally has released the new Nissan Ariya Crossover BEV. 300 mi EPA range, liquid cooled battery. They are showing it at the Tokyo Auto Show. production scheduled for 2021. Size is reported to be similar to the Rogue.

johnlocke said:
Nissan finally has released the new Nissan Ariya Crossover BEV. 300 mi EPA range, liquid cooled battery. They are showing it at the Tokyo Auto Show. production scheduled for 2021. Size is reported to be similar to the Rogue.
That can easily translate into 2022-23 delivery. The car is at risk of being a Johnny-come-lately with outdated specs.

SageBrush said:
johnlocke said:
That can easily translate into 2022-23 delivery. The car is at risk of being a Johnny-come-lately with outdated specs.

I agree, based on the rumors of range and all digital dash and such, you'd think it was a Tesla Y fighter, despite the brand.

But I personally think the model Y might become the best selling Tesla yet. SUV's and crossovers are the biggest market in the US right, except trucks. Until I see what their truck will be, I'm not sure if I can predict that one yet. But the model Y could end up smashing their model 3 records.

Back